Sprint Hero 2.1 released(facts and finding/complaints)thread

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Any info on what, specifically, is wrong with the Bluetooth in the official update?

Does it still support AVRCP?

Thanks.

Only bluetooth issue i have had is the DUN with pdaNet not working with the hero. Works fine with the moto droid on 2.1.

Connected my headset fairly easily, works as good as 1.5

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the stock Android keyboard? Or did you download another keyboard and are using that?

I've noticed the stock keyboard works just fine, but if I switch to Better Keyboard, it slows down to Major Suck Status.

josh_johnson11

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the stock keyboard after updating yesterday. No problems or lags here. I removed the "Vibrate when typing" option long ago and have noticed this helped with the (very) slight lag issues I had.

Settings>Language & keyboard>Touch Input>Text input>Vibrate when typing

josh_johnson11

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey, ERDude -

I had the same problem. My initial reaction was to freak out and scream. No GTalk!?!? Then I found Talk and sighed a big sigh of relief. Now, if only we could find a really great BlackBerry Messenger port/clone/mod for Android. My life would be complete. :)

ice316s#AC

May 20, 2010
Visit site
question on 2.1

one of my favorite features on the old os wa the heart they had for favorite people.. it was really easy to use and manage callers.. any way to get it back :confused:

adleyh2000

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
if you are having keyboard lag reboot the phone and turn off vibrate when you type in keys. Thats when i mainly had lag with the keyboard, or it could be that you have too many apps open while your typing. Try Advanced task killer.

Just a suggestion

gudu-hero

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Lost "Sync Contact Groups" after 2.1 upgrade

It really annoys me when all your Gmail contacts are pulled into your phone and clutter the "People" application. I had previously been able to go into People > Groups > Menu > Edit Sync Groups, in order to tell the application which groups I wanted it to sync with.

Since upgrading to 2.1 (official Sprint download - if that matters), I no longer have this option. All I am getting is "Add Group" and "Delete Group".

Has this happened to anyone else?

alex737

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
It really annoys me when all your Gmail contacts are pulled into your phone and clutter the "People" application. I had previously been able to go into People > Groups > Menu > Edit Sync Groups, in order to tell the application which groups I wanted it to sync with.

Since upgrading to 2.1 (official Sprint download - if that matters), I no longer have this option. All I am getting is "Add Group" and "Delete Group".

Dude same here. Sucks big time. Who needs all 700+ contacts

Machael

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just FYI

If you check in settings itll tell you up time vs awake time.GSD keeps your awake time almost the same as up time(eats battery).I wouldn't twista your arm to make you use kool-aid but if it was me i wouldn't ever run stock unrooted.

Yeah, I'm a wuss and went the unrooted method LOL....but...

I have been running this version for 4 days. I have zero awake time issues. I have been busy with some other things, so I haven't used the phone much in the last day or so....here are my awake stats after my last charge (which was almost 2 days ago)

up time 41:01:09
awake time 1:02:37

and my battery level is still at 50% after 41 hours of uptime.

I only had 1 network glitch/loss, and that was after I installed advanced task killer and shut some things down...I uninstalled it, and haven't had a problem after the reboot 41 hours ago.

I have no other task manager, and I haven't shut down any services via the stock process manager....

I will post if I notice any bugs, but right now, it seems to be great.

SeaLander

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
keeps rebooting

whenever I go to google.com in my web browser it reboots. I upgraded with the new 2.1 version from HTC as the directions instructed.

Anyone else seeing this?

rgraetz

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a Hero for my wife yesterday and did the 2.1 upgrade as soon as I got it home. Having two problems now. The email app crashes all the time saying it encountered a serious error and has been forced to quit. Also she cant get any email from hotmail or gmail to show up at all. The other issue is bluetooth doesnt work. When I try to pair it with our bluetooth cordless phones it comes back with a different security code than what is on the cordless phones. I tell it to pair anyway and you can dial out with the cordless phone handset but you can never hear anything over the earpiece.

kkroeger

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't see anyone else in this thread w/this problem - but my facebook sync is not working on the official 2.1 upgrade I just put on my hero. has anyone else had this problem or figured a workaround?
half the time i get a com.htc.bgp force close, but I'm missing all the synced profile pics and birthdays in my address book...... boooo

wolf1989#AC

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else having serious keyboard lag. I just downloaded 2.1 and now my keyboard takes forever in txt messages.

I have serious lag (to the point the phone is unusable) on any roms I've tried. I've been to nervous to install the official, loose my root, and be stuck with it.

countrychic84

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
repeatedly rebooting

my phone since i upgraded to 2.1 now has repeatedly updated but not always with the same application running. it has done it when i got off the phone with someone and it did it with the babbler app i had on there that i had to delete bc it wasnt working. i just want to figure out how to fix this issue. is anyone else having the same problem? and also is it too late to root bc i upgraded to 2.1? thanks you anyone that can help

cruelbaby15

May 21, 2010
Visit site

Just found how to fix this today

In people, hit 'menu' and select 'view'.....in there you can uncheck 'show auto Gmail contacts'....and also choose other contacts to display or not display

Hope this helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d