Sprint HTC 10 Update

Eclectech

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
The software version for my Sprint HTC 10 is currently 1.24.651.3, but the unlocked version is at least at 1.53.617.5, as of this writing. Is there anything I can do to catch up to my unlocked brethren, or am I hopelessly at the mercy of my carrier? I certainly would love to take advantage of the camera enhancements the newer version offers. Nevertheless, I managed to get some great pics on the green today at the golf course. :p

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm right there with you. It always seemed like Sprint did ok with updates. I really hope they get it out soon. How many phones will come back because of issues that this update fixes?

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to find any information about this update. I've checked in the Sprint forums and all over.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The software version for my Sprint HTC 10 is currently 1.24.651.3, but the unlocked version is at least at 1.53.617.5, as of this writing. Is there anything I can do to catch up to my unlocked brethren, or am I hopelessly at the mercy of my carrier? I certainly would love to take advantage of the camera enhancements the newer version offers. Nevertheless, I managed to get some great pics on the green today at the golf course. :p

Over here on Verizon, I'm sitting at 1.19.605.9....

and the wait goes on....

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Same story for every phone... People buy carrier versions and then complain where's my update because unbranded version has the latest.

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like folks are just having a conversation to me. I didn't have the option of buying the unlocked 10. If I had, I would have.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like folks are just having a conversation to me. I didn't have the option of buying the unlocked 10. If I had, I would have.

I really don't think the updates will take very long.
I'm not sure how quick Sprint has been but T-Mobile's been very fast with the s7's.

Posted via the Android Central App

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Aww man. Where's the Sprint update!? lol

Someone asked him about that in the tweet thread and he said it was coming soon. I'm honestly shocked that Verizon got it first. Like -I might have to take a day off of work to recuperate- kind of shocked.

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm pretty shocked too. Thanks for the heads up. Earlier today when I checked his Twitter, he hadn't said anything yet.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Could be Verizon released the update first because it launched with them. I think I'm correct?
Customers have had it in their hands longer than tmo and spr to cover issues...idk.

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was thinking. They got the phone first so it does make sense they're first in line for the update.