Sprint now says 1080p video capture was a typo

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
BULL on that ... That is a MAJOR typo ... How do you keep the mistake and not issue a retraction immediately ... " We introduce to you the new Evo 3D with amoled screen " ... Ohhhh our bad no amoled screen that was a typo. :p

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Here's the official word:

Lol they tell us now that we have all pre-ordered. How can the Sensation record in 1080p but the Evo 3D can't. I was hoping for an ota update, but since this is coming from sprint i'm a little worried about that possibility.
Well I'm not going to use my camera that much anyway. I'd rather buy a camera that was meant to be used for recording/shooting in hd.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I the one year and 12 days that I have had my Evo 4G, I barely used my camera, let alone the video function of it, so to me it really doesn't matter that much, others might be more upset, but, truthfully, those little cameras just can't record as well as a dedicated video camera. Looking at a 720p video compared to a 1080p video recorded on the Sensation, I bet most people would be hard pressed to see the difference.

It was a major typo though, that's for sure!

I wonder if the 4GB onboard storage was a typo as well, in Phils video we see the 1 GB for ram, and the space on the sd card, but no mention of the remaining 3 GB. What's up with that?

docangle1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I the one year and 12 days that I have had my Evo 4G, I barely used my camera, let alone the video function of it, so to me it really doesn't matter that much, others might be more upset, but, truthfully, those little cameras just can't record as well as a dedicated video camera. Looking at a 720p video compared to a 1080p video recorded on the Sensation, I bet most people would be hard pressed to see the difference.

It was a major typo though, that's for sure!

I wonder if the 4GB onboard storage was a typo as well, in Phils video we see the 1 GB for ram, and the space on the sd card, but no mention of the remaining 3 GB. What's up with that?

Must be a typo :(

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
That is a big typo..... but it honestly wouldnt bother me. I'm not shooting anything professional with my cell phone.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Based on how crappy the 480p video is for the Nexus One, I never expected 1080 to even work at a reasonable framerate, and I was only going to use 720 anyway.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
crying-animated.gif

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Interesting that this same "typo" made it into the press kits, the presentation slides, and the demos on the show floor. Typo. Sure.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I honestly wish they just left the 3d part alone and came out with just 2d phone. I think the camera is actually adding the bulk to the phone, it sticks out because htc probably didn't wanna make it even more thicker, even though they have kept the weight down. I they they could have had similar form factor to sensation if they decided not to go 3d. I think its more of a marketing point, I really dont care about the 3d part of the phone.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Obviously it wasnt a typo...

They just dont want people giving them sh*t for it. Thing is, they're going to get crap about it because these are the specs they promised...

1080p most likely wasnt ready for prime time so they'll probably release an update allowing it...

You know, how the Incredible got an update for 720p recording.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
1080p most likely wasnt ready for prime time so they'll probably release an update allowing it...

You know, how the Incredible got an update for 720p recording.

Working as a photographer/videographer I can tell you that a 5MP camera is not going to be able to shoot at a 1920x1080 resolution. Even if it did, you wouldnt like the results, at all.

Jackietreehorn

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Working as a photographer/videographer I can tell you that a 5MP camera is not going to be able to shoot at a 1920x1080 resolution. Even if it did, you wouldnt like the results, at all.

As a photographer/videographer, you should know that Megapixels are simply a measure of size, not at all of quality. 3 megapixels, if I remember right, is roughly 2048x1536, and 5 megapixels is 2560x1920 (again, if memory serves), so there would be ABSOLUTELY zero problem with a 5 megapixel camera being able to produce a 1920x1080 resolution. The quality of an image/video has MUCH MUCH MUCH more to do with the quality of the image sensor, lens, etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riveretoon