Sprint won't close my account

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I cancelled Sprint wireless back in October. Had an Airrave unit (femtocell) which I mailed back to them using one of their mailers and I according to FedEx they received it. I got a bill for $2.60 for the Airrave in November so I called and they said they got the Airrave and all is ok. Got a $2.60 bill in December and I called and they said they will fix it. I checked online and I had a negative balance of -$4.32. I got billed another $2.60 and now I'm at -$1.72. I called they said they will fix it but I don't believe them.

How can I cancel Sprint? My guess is they keep my account alive but give me credit so they can pad their subscription numbers or else maybe the call center people get dinged for closing accounts. In any event, what can I do? Empty legal threats? Registered letter? I'm tired of wasting time on the phone with these crooks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Put in a FCC complaint. Sounds like you have been talking with them and they aren't getting it.

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
I was simply trying to ask him what made him decide to switch away from Sprint. They're getting better every day but that's crazy that they wouldn't close the account that totally sucks.

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. I'll try the phone number suggested and if that doesn't work file an FCC complaint. I left Sprint because in my area the network still sucks and I'm a prepaid plan now with excellent coverage for less money. And no femtocell needed anymore.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
That's why I left sprint because they charged me 108 dollars for the airave that I sent out the very next day after receiving the return box. It was received according to ups 3 days later. Sprint claims that it didn't get returned with in the 5 business day policy. I even followed up with ups and even got the person's name who received it and obtained a copy of the transaction. Went back and forth
With sprint finally they said sorry but I should have sent it back sooner? I was beyond mad at that point. I even stated if your service wasn't so crappy I wouldn't have even needed that piece of blank in the first place.
I return it because I found out that it was going through my WiFi home network instead of boosting the so called 3G signal.
With that said good luck bro I hope you can get your account closed.