Sprint's LTE build out already underway, new 4G network to launch

dcraig

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have link for confirmation on this? It would make getting the phone a no brainer instead of a mistake.

Well, I know Sprint support isn't the most reliable source. But I was talking to a Tier 3 rep about our ET4G and I mentioned their 4G "change" and asked if the ET4G will be able to utilize the new 4G network. The rep said "Yes sir, we have actually been getting A LOT of questions regarding that, but yes your phone WILL be compatible and utilize the new 4G network"

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sprint's LTE build out already underway, new 4G network to la

They could simply mean you will still be able to use the 4G network because we're (Well they're, they being Sprint) still supporting WiMax. They will have a new network, but it'll include some old pieces. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll support LTE. As always I'll wait for official word from Sprint and or Samsung

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site

Its funny watching everyone freak out over things that haven't been OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED OR LAID OUT by Sprint; everything mentioned in this thread, is based on things people have read or heard from everyone except via an OFFICIAL Sprint announcement.
Historically, Sprint has been incredibly S-L-O-W to implement anything, so you guys are smoking wacky tobacky if you think there will be a quick transition, nationwide to LTE or what ever the hell Sprint will end up calling it..And, do you actually think a phone like this won't be made compatible with what ever network changes Sprint implements?
I would just relax, and see what gets announced on October 7th, and, even at that point, don't expect Sprint to implement ANYTHING on a nationwide basis for a year or more after that..

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Its funny watching everyone freak out over things that haven't been OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED OR LAID OUT by Sprint; everything mentioned in this thread, is based on things people have read or heard from everyone except via an OFFICIAL Sprint announcement.
Historically, Sprint has been incredibly S-L-O-W to implement anything, so you guys are smoking wacky tobacky if you think there will be a quick transition, nationwide to LTE or what ever the hell Sprint will end up calling it..And, do you actually think a phone like this won't be made compatible with what ever network changes Sprint implements?
I would just relax, and see what gets announced on October 7th, and, even at that point, don't expect Sprint to implement ANYTHING on a nationwide basis for a year or more after that..

Well based ON what PEOPLE ARE POSTING and Sprint looking to maintain A HOLD ON LEADING TECHNOLOGY AND 4G they just might implement everything in 1day. And whats with posting IN CAPS LIKE WE CANT MAK OUT WHAT YOU MEAN. Anyway somepeople worry and ask questions to make sure that there purchase will be worth it. If you have any information on the build out please share. Thankyou:)

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site

TRUST ME, just like everyone else, I will know what is happening on October 7th; until then, its nothing but a SWAG...

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

Sorry where does it show that it has 850mhz Band?

I was reading something that i found here. Is this something you were talking about? Support HOW TO: Enable 850Mhz 3G Network Frequency on your Samsung i9000 Galaxy S - Android Forums

First, Lightsquared is intending on building LTE in 1500 MHz. Second, Clearwire is probably going to build LTE in 2400-2500 MHz. Third, this is just talking about the WCDMA radio. WCDMA is the what AT&T and T-mobile use, it's not the CDMA that Sprint and Verizon use. It does use code division, but that's about it, otherwise the two are unrelated. WCDMA is used in UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA+.

If you are unhappy with WiMax at 2550 Mhz, you're not going to be any happier with LTE at ~2500 MHz. At 1500 Mhz it's going to be better but still it won't have the same characteristics that LTE on 777 MHz has.

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I think that dies on 12/31 whether you use it or not.

Not so. Ghetto phenomenon is right. I'm in the same boat. I upgraded before Oct 2 with a regular upgrade (not a yearly one) so I can get my final annual upgrade next September as a gold member. I checked it out fully before getting my G2S. If that wasn't the case I would have waited to see what's coming next

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

First, Lightsquared is intending on building LTE in 1500 MHz. Second, Clearwire is probably going to build LTE in 2400-2500 MHz. Third, this is just talking about the WCDMA radio. WCDMA is the what AT&T and T-mobile use, it's not the CDMA that Sprint and Verizon use. It does use code division, but that's about it, otherwise the two are unrelated. WCDMA is used in UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA+.

If you are unhappy with WiMax at 2550 Mhz, you're not going to be any happier with LTE at ~2500 MHz. At 1500 Mhz it's going to be better but still it won't have the same characteristics that LTE on 777 MHz has.

I understand the post i link isn't CDMA. Johnly posted some think about 850mhz . So i was searching and just found that after 20 mins of typing. I wanted to know if that is what Johnly was talking about because I can't find where we in this phone have it . Sammy doesn't list it in the specs.

Sprint works fine for me. My Speeds are enough for what i use my phone for . faster speeds would be great in any way Sprint can bring it to market. Been with Sprint for 16 years and can't see myself leaving.
If i can only get 10 mbs with there LTE and only outside standing on 1 leg stretched out with the phones screen facing the sun i will still be a Sprint customer.

If you or anyone can explain what Johnly was/is talking bout i would appreciate it thanks. 10/07 will be the day we find out officially what Sprint has in mind for data .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick