Stanley Cup Playoffs

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. Share your thoughts on the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Talk about your favorite team, your hopes, and basically anything you want to talk about. Me? I think my avatar says it all. Go Blackhawks!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I grew up in Minnesota (left though about twenty years ago) and used to be a huge North Stars fan, then Dallas Stars, but kind of lost interest after Mike Modano and various other players of that era retired. Now tend to only follow hockey this time of year during the playoffs. Of course a fan now of the Minnesota Wild, as well as Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche (my girl is from there and I've always liked em too. Pretty cool to see Patrick Roy coaching them now).

Looking forward to this rematch from last year: Wild vs. Blackhawks. Go Wild! :p

Minnesota worries me. They match up well with the Hawks. They're fast and tenacious. This will be a tough series.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Haha, no worries! :) Chicago swept Minnesota right out the playoffs with ease. Ugh. So much for my interest in the Stanley Cup Playoffs now. :( The only team left I have the slightest interest in anymore is Tampa Bay. So I'm out. Good luck to everyone else! :D Patiently waiting for the NFL season to start! :p

Yes, but I wouldn't say it was with ease. Minnesota is a better team than what they showed. Of course, the Blackhawks are simply great!!! 😉

Dmain123

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Man Im sure pulling for Chicago to take out Anaheim as I don't see either East team taking Anaheim past 5. If I have to watch Kesler raise lord stanely I swear Ill punch a baby

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
One more win and my Hawks are in the Stanley Cup championship series! Come on boys, you can do it!

3 more wins and the Hawks raise the Stanley Cup! I'm not saying were guaranteed to win but talent wise no roster is deeper than Chicago. I'd go as far as saying this team is better than the 2010 and 2013 teams.

Bring home the Cup, Chicago!

Last edited:

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
As a wings fan it's hard to admit it but the hawks are an impressive team . I just can't bring myself to not like Toews he is always business first and just gets the job done without goshing about it.

That being said I want Stevie to win his first cup as a GM so go Bolts

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
As a wings fan it's hard to admit it but the hawks are an impressive team . I just can't bring myself to not like Toews he is always business first and just gets the job done without goshing about it.

Yes! Even though they knocked our Wings out...

Posted via the Android Central App on my Asus ZenFone 2

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I grew up in Minnesota (left though about twenty years ago) and used to be a huge North Stars fan, then Dallas Stars, but kind of lost interest after Mike Modano and various other players of that era retired. Now tend to only follow hockey this time of year during the playoffs. Of course a fan now of the Minnesota Wild, as well as Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche (my girl is from there and I've always liked em too. Pretty cool to see Patrick Roy coaching them now).

Looking forward to this rematch from last year: Wild vs. Blackhawks. Go Wild! :p

Also grew up a No' Stars fan. And left 25 years ago. Could NOT root for any Dallas team, much less the traitors! 😈 That's when I became a Red Wings fan. Well before the Stanley Cup run. But I also, now, have a soft spot for the Wild, and for the Pens.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Well as an Austrian we are obviously also following the teams with Austrian players hopefully Vanek will come out flying next year

Liked the first period a lot so far Bishop and Crawford need to be better

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Yes! Even though they knocked our Wings out...

Ah yes! I miss that good old Red Wings - Blackhawks rivalry! That being said, I fervently hope that the Hawks take the Bolts out! Tampa impresses me, but I still think that the Blackhawks are going to win it all. Honestly though, Kane and Sharp MUST step up their game if the Hawks expect to win the Cup. Also, you gotta love a guy like Duncan Keith ....he's an iron man! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah back when the Wings still had an awesome team it sadly feels like forever..nowadays the roles are reversed the hawks are on top and wings barely making the playoffs.

Wanted Yzerman to take over for Holland and go rebuild instead of retool mode. Things won't be pretty when Pasha retires.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
And the Chicago Blackhawks win the 3rd Cup in 6 years! The city is going wild. LOL

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Congrats salary cap era dynasty.

Will be a long long time till the Wings are even close to the level of Tampa or Chicago again.

Happy for Kimo he was obviously overwhelmed

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah back when the Wings still had an awesome team it sadly feels like forever..nowadays the roles are reversed the hawks are on top and wings barely making the playoffs.

Wanted Yzerman to take over for Holland and go rebuild instead of retool mode. Things won't be pretty when Pasha retires.

Gonna be interesting to see what Blash brings...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte16