Still feel my LG G4 shot better than the V20

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Most telling is the manual one where the solo acoustic artist is a washed out mess of light, but you can see the audience and background perfectly clear. It seems incapable of handling concert lighting under even the best circumstances.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Still odd LG never optimized the camera for tap and shoot. Most consumers do not want to mess with settings. That said, the V20 is more a niche device, so is what it is. Great niche device.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I agree its a great phone. Man, had they actually just used the same exact camera as the G4 and put all these other awesome upgrades in to the sound, the system, etc....id be over the moon. Sigh as it stands need to now follow the news for the G6 and see what comes. And that's not a knock on the V20, Im just a concert guy and the camera is always my selling point. i didn't think it was capable of going backwards as far as the sensor handling went.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
No matter what option I use (manual/automatic) or settings, my "challenging" shots on the V20 still come out looking like oil paintings. My G4 gave me some amazing shots in the same environments (mostly concerts). I just dont get it. Ive been front row, back of house, middle, and they all come out horrid... washed out colors, huge halo effects, blur, while the G4 was crisp and clear.

Any suggestions at all? Love this phone, I do, and really want to keep it, but the camera just isn't working for me.

I've had some getting used to when I first owned the phone. You'll learn how to operate the camera in manual mode and it's awesome. I can say that automode on the V20 isn't that great; for example the camera shutter and lighting is terrible. But if you play around with manual mode, you'll get good shots. The microphone is totally next gen: it picks up every sound, nice and crisp, would be excellent for concerts (I am a big concert goer myself). I had to hold my breath a few times when trying to record scenery as it was picking up my breathing sounds. The wide angle front and rear cameras were a selling point. I just want to capture more of what's around me, the dual wide angles allow me to take a selfie of myself and the entire landscape behind me or friends without having someone to take a photo for us.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Im not disagreeing with the above, but my G4 was manual and I posted how clear and crisp i could gey shots. the 3 blurry washed out ones (kevin griffin, colin hay, and dashboard confessional) all shot with V20 manual. I cant be that incompetent using the same settings from phone to phone and getting that much of a difference in results.

The colin hay picture ( the older bearded man with the Paisley shirt) he actually had a fairly dark purple shirt on and from the picture it looks basically white just like the color of his skin as well all washed out

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I am on my third v20. It takes absolute **** pictures.. I had the LG G4 until it started bootlooping and I had to get rid of it. Since then I've had the S7 edge, V10, pixel XL. I hate this phone. I feel like I stepped Way Way Back by getting it. I really wanted to like it, but the reality of it is it just sucks. Any app that requires a web connection is extremely slow when connected to wifi or mobile network. I can't get over how much of a turd this thing is.

It seems like you don't like any phone you're getting.. I have no idea what's wrong with your v20 or why it's so slow for you. I've had mine since day one and it's still blazing, which attest to the many reviews that say it's rated as one of the fastest phones. Maybe you should go back to the Pixel or S7 since this phone is obviously not working out for you.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It seems like you don't like any phone you're getting.. I have no idea what's wrong with your v20 or why it's so slow for you. I've had mine since day one and it's still blazing, which attest to the many reviews that say it's rated as one of the fastest phones. Maybe you should go back to the Pixel or S7 since this phone is obviously not working out for you.

Although I agree with you that this phone is blazing, he may have something slowing him down.