Still No Update

Greatsrj23

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else with an unlocked S22 Plus not get the update yet? I thought the unlocked phones were supposed to get it first but someone in another post I made said the opposite. Verizon is my carrier but I don't think that would matter since it's unlocked.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Unlocked firmwares still have to go to the carriers to be certified. So, it depends on how quickly the carriers complete the certification. Sometimes, it is released before the locked firmware, and other times, it is after. You just never know!
:)

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am on the Samsung Unlocked version of S22 Ultra using a Verizon sim , nothing yet for me either.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is my carrier but I don't think that would matter since it's unlocked.
As always, you can see on Verizon's website--or by looking up the list on sammobile.com--that Verizon hasn't yet released Android 13 for the unlocked S22s.

But if you'd rather not wait, since your phone is a U1 rather than U, you can download the firmware using Frija and install it using Odin.

Greatsrj23

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
But if you'd rather not wait, since your phone is a U1 rather than U, you can download the firmware using Frija and install it using Odin.

Thank you. I just thought getting an unlocked phone would mean the carrier wouldn't have anything to do with it anymore. I'll just wait for the OTA update. Hopefully it comes soon.

Thank you for everyone else's responses too. I was afraid there was something wrong with my phone.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Downloading AT&T unlocked

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221104-085846_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20221104-085846_Software update.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 47

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Still nothing for VZW unlocked for me yet. I am on a Mac so cannot run frija and most flashing tools do not work on a Mac.
LOL...I know what everyone is going to say...but I just prefers Macs :)

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Me too. I'm not sure what the hangup is for unlocked on Verizon. I can wait, but... it's killing me watching all these videos about the new features on One UI 5 that I can't use yet...

And I know I'll forget half of the cool stuff I want to check out by the time we finally get the update.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Unlocked on VZW and no update yet or the Nov security update.
Did a facrtory reset this morning without inserting my VZW sim card to see if it gets the updates on wifi only.
Going let to set a for an hour and see what happens.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Did a facrtory reset this morning without inserting my VZW sim card to see if it gets the updates on wifi only.
Yikes. Factory reset is both drastic and futile.

Going let to set a for an hour and see what happens.
That won't work either. As always, you can see on Verizon's website--or by looking up the list on sammobile.com--that Verizon hasn't yet released Android 13 for the unlocked S22s. Nothing you do will get it OTA from Verizon before Verizon releases it.

But if you'd rather not wait, since your phone is a U1 rather than U, you can download the firmware using Frija and install it using Odin. That process only takes a few minutes.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I hear tales in the forums of some phone's not getting auto updates after flashing the firmware updates. I want the update now, but my phone is too important to me to risk losing the ability to use it. It's the same reason I didn't enter the Beta. I need my phone to connect to my work VPN.

And frankly I'm too old for that stuff anymore. I used to root my phones and fiddle around with that stuff 10 years ago, but I haven't done that since the Galaxy S4 or maybe even earlier.

I just want my phones to work...

All that modding is great if you are into it... it's just not for me anymore.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have an encrypted back up on an external USB drive that I made before the reset. I can have it all back with passwords and logins very fast.

but my phone is unlocked directly from Samsung. So it is not dependant on Verizon for the update. It should be able get updates without a sim card or esim directly from Samsung on WiFi.......

I don't have a PC...I use Macs and the whole flashing process is not very friendly on a mac :)

1fc887fec871779b7191d3697661ce1b.jpg

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have an encrypted back up on an external USB drive that I made before the reset. I can have it all back with passwords and logins very fast.

but my phone is unlocked directly from Samsung. So it is not dependant on Verizon for the update. It should be able get updates without a sim card or esim directly from Samsung on WiFi.......

I don't have a PC...I use Macs and the whole flashing process is not very friendly on a mac :)

1fc887fec871779b7191d3697661ce1b.jpg

Any developments?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol