Still worth buying after LG ditching the modular concept?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So do you think I can last with this phone for at least 2 years if I buy it now (+ a replacement battery and daily usage and charging)? What about Android updates? Will it get updated for the next 2 years?

Only buy Google Pixel (or Nexus) if updates are high on your list. Throw in BlackBerry if you're more concerned with security updates vs. OS updates.

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
This phone truly is a solid performer on it's own and is worth the purchase.

The only weak area that I feel LG let the phone down in order to push a module is the headphone port.
It's not bad, but it is a little on the underwhelming side. It's fine for general use though.
Other then that the phone stands toe to toe with pretty much every other flagship out there

revelations65

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
well if you read and heard on the amount of issues both Apple and Samsung has had, I happy with my G5, it does what it needs to be done, it's fast, after updating to Nugent even better, the camera is great, I see no need to upgrade even when my time comes up next year, so I will still stick with LG G5 I could care less about the modular stuff, just a great phone, very underrated if you ask me.

Hungerdunger

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
And another question - if they don't continue manufacturing batteries, I will probably buy 1-2 now for having spares when the time comes. But if I keep them in the drawer for a year and at one point decide to use them, will they still work like brand new with maximum charge capacity?
Don't rely on this information, but I've read in the past that if you charge a battery to around 70%, seal it in polythene and put it in the fridge it will last for several years.

Perhaps someone who knows about these things can tell me if I'm talking rubbish.