Still worth buying?

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've used my Nexus 10 daily since Nov 2012 and it's finally starting to flake out on me, so I guess it's time to upgrade. I'm considering the Pixel C but I find myself wondering if I shouldn't consider another tablet. The Pixel C is over a year old and still commanding a pretty high price $600 for 64G. I like the Nexus line, I have a Nexus 6P, but that's the price of a small laptop. Is it worth it, or should I look at something else like the Tab S, or ????. My main use is Netflix, YouTube, email, web browsing and light gaming.
Suggestions?
Thanks

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I'd look at one of the new line of convertible Chromebooks that run Android apps at this stage. You'd get a much better bit of kit for that kind of money.

Navpreet Singh

May 9, 2016
Visit site
I got the pixel c a couple months back with the keyboard. It's awesome! U can remote into Ur home PC and run Windows 10 as well. I use my pixel c for media consumption.

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 10 is also giving up the ghost. The battery does last me more than 30 minutes. Now use it in bed while plugged in. I am also contemplating buying a Pixel C.

clockcycle

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I enjoy mine, finally got a working OEM stock metal keyboard it's even better. I use mine for consumption and kodi, while online I watch live streams. And it's my second screen during live stream casts chatting with TV show crew.

Steve Box

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine at the same time as my Pixel, as I got impatient waiting for the new Chromebooks! I don't regret it at all & it is the perfect successor to my N9. That said, for the price now it may be worth checking out the newer Chromebooks ie; the new flip or even Samsung Plus / Pro. I still think the Pixel C is a nice bit of kit. Works very well on beta android & is much, much better in performance means than my N9 ever was

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Still like mine also, though it's starting to show some age. Acting squirrly at times and battery is starting to have less capacity. I definitely wouldn't pay the going price ($350 and up) I see on Swappa now. Hope I can get another year out of mine and then find a deal on the new Slate.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd say yes, assuming it hasn't been heavily used (with subsequent battery degradation). I've been using mine more often, especially on trips. It's an excellent tablet, and the keyboard is high quality. It's ideal for trips because it's significantly less bulky than a laptop (even an ultrabook), and it uses the same charger as my Pixel 2 XL.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd say yes, assuming it hasn't been heavily used (with subsequent battery degradation). I've been using mine more often, especially on trips. It's an excellent tablet, and the keyboard is high quality. It's ideal for trips because it's significantly less bulky than a laptop (even an ultrabook), and it uses the same charger as my Pixel 2 XL.

I bought since you can't find many decent tablets alone for $150. Both the tablet and keyboard came with original packaging and everything. So far getting all the security updates and everything installed.

Plan on using it for media consumption mostly.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good deal! It's a great device for media. The display quality is excellent, and the stereo speakers are pretty good as well. And it has a headphone jack!

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Is it worth $150 for the tablet and keyboard?

Absolutely. Check out pricing on Swappa for an idea of what they're going for now. $150 is a steal for any decent tablet now. Just make sure it is in decent shape based on other posts here.