Strange battery drain

Greenenvey

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Weird things are happening with my 42 mm gen 2. I get really good battery life , but lately every four or five days I get extremely fast battery drain. No new apps and all of my settings have been the same. Anyone experience this?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes. But it is far rarer for me. Has only happened once so far. I noticed it was draining at something like 10% per hour all of a sudden for no reason and nothing had changed. I rebooted it and the phone and it was back to normal.

Seems like my Nexus 5 phone does the same thing every several weeks. I never reboot it, until that mysterious drain starts... reboot it and it is back to being fine again for several more weeks.

It is stupid that rebooting requires root, because otherwise it would be nice to have an app that would just reboot it every X days at night or something.

Greenenvey

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I usually just restart my watch and it cures it for a while. I'm assuming it isn't a battery issue or it would be a everyday thing wouldn't it?

jonesyvoor

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I've only had mine for two days and last night I went to sleep at 11:00 with an 87% battery and woke up at 7 and it was dead. I'm thinking about taking it back.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I usually just restart my watch and it cures it for a while. I'm assuming it isn't a battery issue or it would be a everyday thing wouldn't it?

Yep. Most likely something with the OS or an app. Since Google lobotomized the battery usage reporting in settings, there is pretty much no way to know much. If it happens more than rarely, then it is time for this thread I created: http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-360-2015/598708-what-do-when-360-misbehaves.html

jonesyvoor

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. This is helpful but I don't know if I want to go about even temporarily uninstalling all of those apps from my phone. Some of those apps I need to use daily.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. This is helpful but I don't know if I want to go about even temporarily uninstalling all of those apps from my phone. Some of those apps I need to use daily.

Well, the only apps would be those that are watch-related. You wouldn't have to remove anything else in the procedure (except Android Wear, itself). Most people only have a few Wear apps installed (I think I might have 4 or so).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seroo