strange image on screen

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you're in the boot loader. Sort of like the BIOS on your PC.

It requires holding the volume buttons as you power on the phone. (I can never remember the exact combo). Since Samsung puts the power and the volume buttons on opposite sides, it's real easy to hit the combo my mistake.

[And by the same token I take screen captures all the time. I have no idea what the key combo is, but seems to be some volume and power button press, too.]

Basically, you use the volume keys to move the highlight and the power button to select. Or just hold the power button to power off the phone. For more info on what to do with the bootloader, start researching rooting and ROMs :)

r800z

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
That happens when you are pressing volume up and down and power button simultaneously that way you are booting in to phones boot loader, use volume up or down to choose available options and execute them with power button
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
It requires holding the volume buttons as you power on the phone. (I can never remember the exact combo). Since Samsung puts the power and the volume buttons on opposite sides, it's real easy to hit the combo my mistake.

[And by the same token I take screen captures all the time. I have no idea what the key combo is, but seems to be some volume and power button press, too.]

As the previous poster said, the bootloader combo is hold Volume Up and Down simultaneously then hold power.. Screenshots are done by pressing Volume Down and Power at the same time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCheekyDinosaur