Streaming issue, so strange

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a pixel C, all of a sudden it stopped streaming or downloading videos/ programmes from my5, all4, ITVhub. it will play trailers but not the actual programme. BBC I player is fine. The apps are fine it's just when I actually want o play something it wont

I assumed it was because the Pixel C had stopped updating ages ago. So...... I Rooted and flashed Android 10.

Everything working fine as far as the OS and all apps are concerned but the issue is exactly the same!!

Evert other device in the house streams everything perfectly on the same WiFi network, nevertheless I tried using my mobile phone network to tether, no change, same problem!

Anybody got any ideas, please, please!

jgordon5

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue. Pixel C was playing all programmes on ITV hub and All 4 and then suddenly, it will not play anything on either of these. Mine is not rooted and is running Android 8.0.1. My old Samsung Galaxy tab is still on Android OS 6.0 and it will play ITV hub and Channel 4 but the screen is small and I would like to be able to watch on the Pixel C. It would be great to know why and how to fix it!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't stream from those sources, but I have noticed that certain apps and games don't run well or at all on my Pixel C (even though their presence in the Play Store implied that they're compatible). I'm chalking it up to the uncommon Tegra X1 SoC. Maybe some recent changes in how the streaming works didn't take into account the Tegra's instruction set.

One of the only other devices that uses the Tegra X1 is the NVIDIA Shield TV, so it'd be interesting to know if those streaming apps also fail on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol