streaming video through a HDMI cable

dcmarch

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Is there a adaptor to play movies from the pad to a tv. I have tried wireless but there is such a lag. The mouth will move and 10 seconds later you will here the words.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the Tab S3 doesn't support video output through the USB port, so the only way to mirror it onto a TV is via wireless video. What are you trying to stream? If you are using an app that supports Chromecasting, you can get that dongle and the streaming happens in the Chromecast, with your Tab only acting as a remote, skipping the data-intensive transfer from your tablet to the TV for mirroring.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked your Wireless settings? Mine has no lag whatsoever. That being said, GP Movies are totally compatible with Chromecast so I strongly suggest using that instead of actual mirroring.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Just trying to play my movies on my tablet from Google play. Guess I'll return the tablet wireless lags.

That kind of lag when streaming isn't normal, what kind of home network set up do have? Do you have cable or DSL? Are you using a carrier-supplied modem/router or a modem with your own router? On your Tab S3 if you go into its Settings >> Wi-Fi and tap on the WiFi network you're connected to what do 'Signal strength' and 'Link speed' show? (hopefully something like 'Very strong' for the former and '72Mpbs' or more for the latter)

dcmarch

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I have Google WiFi at home internet is terrible so I download all my movies and use push 2tv to mirror but like I said huge lag that way. Was looking for other options to mirror. Push 2tv creates its own WiFi that's why I use it.

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got the S3 yesterday. When I opened it in the bedroom it asked if I wanted to connect to the Samsung TV in there. Apparently you can stream to Samsung TVs. As mentioned, Chromecast will work great too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscmlc1