Stumbled Into Car Dock Mode

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I was in navigation to a location with the tbolt in my holster. When I pulled it out I noticed I was in car dock mode! I saw the little car symbol in top bar and the 6 big icons on the home screen. When I arrived I pulled down the notifier and chose exit dock mode. The odd thing is now when I rotate the phone my normal home page rotates into landscape view! I've never seen it do that before
Also, phone calls go directly to speaker phone.
I am stock - no ruu. I'm guessing a restart would return phone to normal? I actually like that the home page now rotates.

Has this happened to anybody else?

The funny thing is I love the rotating home screens so I'm in no hurry to hit restart! I wish I could do this at will! Finally a bug I LIKE. LOL

Last edited:

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I was in navigation to a location with the tbolt in my holster. When I pulled it out I noticed I was in car dock mode! I saw the little car symbol in top bar and the 6 big icons on the home screen. When I arrived I pulled down the notifier and chose exit dock mode. The odd thing is now when I rotate the phone my normal home page rotates into landscape view! I've never seen it do that before
Also, phone calls go directly to speaker phone.
I am stock - no ruu. I'm guessing a restart would return phone to normal? I actually like that the home page now rotates.

Has this happened to anybody else?

The funny thing is I love the rotating home screens so I'm in no hurry to hit restart! I wish I could do this at will! Finally a bug I LIKE. LOL

Happened to me once too. Yeah, a reboot will fix it. The problem with the rotating home screen is that other things on the screen don't work right. For example, the keyboard arrows. And, the Apps|Phone|Personalize buttons don't rotate. Bottom line, while the home screen is in rotated mode, a lot of things don't work right.

-Frank

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm just waiting for a rom to come out with no bugs whatsover. I want to keep the htc email app and I don't think that works in cm7. Of course I also want vmail notifications, good gps, good bt function, normal phone function, good camera function, good recording audio quality. etc. Every rom I've read about has problems with at least one of these functions.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there an app that will produce the rotating home screens without shutting off bluetooth connection to car speakers?

android06

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Das bamf 1.8.6 then insyall yhe landscape mode. Only downside is u cant turn off auto rotate on homescreen.. or u can always just use golauncher or launcher pro

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
No, I'm interested in apps - not roms. Bamf introduces other bugs.

It seems to me it should be possible to turn on dock mode with its rotating screen then automatically disable dock screen and return bluetooth and phone to normal so you end up in stock launcher w rotating screen. With launcher pro or go launcher you lose htc widgets which I really like....and what good is your cake if you can't eat it?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

It seems to me it should be possible to turn on dock mode with its rotating screen then automatically disable dock screen and return bluetooth and phone to normal so you end up in stock launcher w rotating screen. With launcher pro or go launcher you lose htc widgets which I really like....

I don't think so, but if anyone finds outlet me know.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

It seems to me it should be possible to turn on dock mode with its rotating screen then automatically disable dock screen and return bluetooth and phone to normal so you end up in stock launcher w rotating screen. With launcher pro or go launcher you lose htc widgets which I really like....and what good is your cake if you can't eat it?

Hey recDNA try go launcher, you can rotate the screen like launcher pro. At the same time and still implement HTC widgets into the homescreen. Also I may have .apk file that you may enjoy it will engage car dock mode, it was Google car/home .apk for the orginal Nexus that has been modified to allow for your own app placements.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the 411. I never knew htc widgets would work with any launcher besides their own.

I only wanted the screen rotate option so actually go launcher alone should do the trick. I don't actually want to use dock mode, just the rotating home screen.

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the 411. I never knew htc widgets would work with any launcher besides their own.

I only wanted the screen rotate option so actually go launcher alone should do the trick. I don't actually want to use dock mode, just the rotating home screen.

recDNA cool glad I could help, let me know if it did work out for you! Only reason I mentioned anything about car/dock mode cause some people uses thick cases and the phone will not fit into a standard car dock. With a case and an universal mount I can engage mine at will and the dialer can rotate as well depending if the rom has the built in coding to rotate the screen dialer.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The trouble with car dock mode is I like to connect to the bluetooth dialer in my car using car speakers and steering wheel buttons to control phone. I understand dock mode shuts off the connection to the car and uses phone speaker, which is tinny and not loud enough.
I read in go launcher reviews that htc clock with weqther animations and htc live wallpaper is not accessible in go launcher home screens?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly