SU not working for newly added "root" apps

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
i want to delete or rename the file recovery-from-boot.p in the /system folder...
there are only read- permissions...

and therefore it needs to be writeable again...

found that last command in an other forum to set the system writable... or is that not working...? :-[

To set the system writable via adb is simply:
Code:
adb remount

But for dealing with that recovery-from-boot.p file, you can just boot up and use root explorer or something like that to get rid of it.

rusty101

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
thank you!!
adb remount sorry to say it shows: error: device not found.

mount -o remount rw /system shows: mount: operation not permitted

after su shows S but no # ...

I think something killed my superuser rights with the automatically update to jelly bean.

root explorer does nothing if I hit "mount r/w" button on the top... if I try to delete:
recovery-from-boot.p cannot be deleted, because the filesystem is write-protected.

superuser update fixer says no problems detected - checking signatures...ok.

gomanager installs openrecovery without problems, but does nothing if I hit reboot recovery

ota rootkeeper v 2.0.3 does "restore root" shows: root su restored...

but status of ota rootkeeper only shows:
superuser app installed... ok
device rooted .... nothing
root permission granted .... nothing
/system supports root protection .... ok
protected su copy available .... ok

vodoo sound kernel shows:
module need to be loaded:
green:
device Nexus S
crespo
kernel version 3.0.31 - g3b0c5d2
red: superuser permissions not granted;
you need to give root access....

if I start with boot mode android says:
red: Fastboot mode
product name: herring
HW version REV11
Bootloader Version -
Basebadn Version
Carrier Info
Serial
red: Lock State: UNLOCKED

if I select "recovery" with volume+button I get the lying android avatar with red exclamation mark...

If I start normally, my voodoo sound shows: "had to be stopped.."

The system info says: Nexus S, Android Version 4.1.1.

I?ve got no ideas, especially I would like to keep my data, numbers and apps on this phone..:-[ Everything did run good before that automatic update from ice cream sandwich to jelly bean. But how could I get my superuser working again... I like the Voodoo Sound very much, because it allows to record videos without sound problems... the best feature of this phone :) but it needs the rights from the superuser....

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Well seems you lost root. You'll need to temporarily flash a recovery, and flashing this in recovery should give you root on JB: http://db.tt/wTBGIPFk

After booting you'll want to open that app and be sure to update it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kartha87

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Well seems you lost root. You'll need to temporarily flash a recovery, and flashing this in recovery should give you root on JB: http://db.tt/wTBGIPFk

After booting you'll want to open that app and be sure to update it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks a lot, i broke my root after installing to JB in my Nexus S international version.
I had root in my cell but i was denied SU permission.
I flashed your SU for JB and everything is fine
Thanks once again

Ducklin5

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

Ducklin5

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Phone: Galaxy Nexus on Verizon, unlocked and rooted
Version: ICS Stock 4.0.4 OTA

I was unlocked and rooted running stock 4.0.1 and ran the OTA and used Voodoo OTA RootKeeper to restore root. It worked and was confirmed with Root Check Basic.

Last night Voodoo OTA RootKeeper upgraded, but it did not show that I had root.

I then ran Root Check Basic and it said I was not rooted. I can still run ROM Manager and make nandroid backups, run Wi-Fi Tether, Titanium Backup, and other root only apps, so I must be rooted.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Voodoo OTA RootKeeper (there are check marks for superuser app installed, Device rooted, but not for superuser permission granted)

Superuser does not ask for my permission to grant root privilege. I tried the Got Root app ... it located superuser, but failed to obtain superuser privileges. The SU Checker app said Status: su declined | not found.

Has anyone seen this before with Superuser?

Please advise what I should do to get superuser to start recognizing root apps asking for permission.
i have the same problem as you but i cant flash, so what do I do

Ducklin5

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem as you but i cant flash, so what do I do
when i get to recovery menu and i choose update it says : "failed to mount /sdcard (no such file or directory)". what do i do

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon