Sudden audio problems

Sam Valiant

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

So my S3 is running Cyanogenmod 10.2.0 which is to say Android 4.3.1. It's been completely faultless for over a year and then suddenly today I pick it up off my desk and the audio has gone all weird. Anytime the audio outputs are used the phone makes loud crackly noises, sometimes it makes that noise that phones used to make in the old days when you put it near a hifi/amplified speaker. It makes it if I press volume up, if I use watch something using the youtube, vlc or rocket player. It does when on the startup tone of the phone and also when making calls I can't hear them and they can't hear me.

I've restarted the phone. I tried just yanking the battery out and leaving it out for 45mins without luck. Any ideas?

Cheers muchly!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Sam Valiant

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
In that case this would be the second time I've replaced that bloody module. Last was because I only had an output on the left side of earphones. Anyways since my post I've reinstalled CM10.2 and when that didn't work I redid the rom and installed CM11 M9 which didn't make any different.

But how comes when I get/make a call, they can't hear me?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
In that case this would be the second time I've replaced that bloody module.
Bad things come in threes?
But how comes when I get/make a call, they can't hear me?
That sounds like a microphone problem. Does it behave any differently if you use the Speakerphone?
What happens if you record a video using the Camera - is the audio present as expected?
Perhaps the mic hole just needs to be cleaned out?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Bummer - time to replace that module.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, they are separate modules. Just bad luck I guess. Has the phone gotten wet in the past?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The long term effects of water, even if you followed the rice drying method, can have a detrimental impact on electronics (corrosion, shorting across contacts, etc) - unless you follow stringent procedures to clean electronics (which 99% of the people are uninformed/unwilling/unable to do) it's a crap shoot as to if/how long the device will continue to function. Sorry.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci