Suggested Accessories

Jim1348

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I ordered a Motorola Moto Z3 Play on Tuesday. It should be here on Friday. It comes with a Moto Power Pack and a Moto Smart Speaker. My oldest son already has a Moto Z Droid. So, I might just give him either the Moto Power Pack or the Moto Smart Speaker. I would be interested in either the JBL SoundBoost 2 Speaker or the Moto Turbopower Pack, or possibly both.

Can anybody here tell me if the Moto Turbopower Pack has been discontinued? It appears that everywhere I check on-line shows it Out Of Stock. Is it/was it a good mod or did it have problems?

What about the JBL SoundBoost 2 Speaker? Is that a worthwhile mod or not?

I am actually a Total Wireless subscriber, so I also need to get a new SIM card kit. If I recall correctly, Total Wireless ties the SIM card to the device and if you simply swap SIM cards, you will get limited functionality.

Also, can anybody suggest a good, rugged case for the Motorola Moto Z3 Play? If have been an Otterbox user in the past, but I would consider something else.

I would really like to see a case that goes over both the Motorola Moto Z3 Play and the smaller battery case, but I haven't found one yet.

Finally, I see that there are several different battery moto mods available. Would the Mophie Juice Pack Battery Mod work with it.

It also looks like the highest capacity battery is the Moto TurboPower Pack. I hope I can find one, at a good price, and I hope it work well!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
TurboPower Pack.

JBL SoundBoost 2. Never used one, so I don't know.

Cases. I always use Otterbox Defenders. (After having a phone thrown at a wall, I was convinced.)

Battery Mods:
Magisk with the Magisk Charging Switch set to 40 80 (or 30 80 if you have stock in a battery company). Just about everything else is taken care of by the phone. (Apps that kill apps to "save battery" usually cost more battery than they save. If Android needs that app in RAM, killing it will only cause Android to load it again, causing more battery usage and a slowdown in the phone. And if Android and the "power saving" app ever get into contention, they can kill a fully charged battery in an hour.)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I would really like to see a case that goes over both the Motorola Moto Z3 Play and the smaller battery case, but I haven't found one yet.

No Moto Z ever had that option. I doubt the Z3 would.

recumbentbob

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I can't find a turbo batterymkod anywhere on line. They were $79 and have been on sale for $59 so hopefully just temporary out of stock.
Mine is over a year old and I want a back up, I love this mod.

cjreyes666

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I can't find a turbo batterymkod anywhere on line. They were $79 and have been on sale for $59 so hopefully just temporary out of stock.
Mine is over a year old and I want a back up, I love this mod.
Try your local Best Buy or carrier stores, but at this point I'll just wait till the end of November for all the deals.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robot sirkit