Summarize articles?

SamCraig

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi -

I have a Pixel 8 Pro. Everything seems to be updated to the latest OS, Google Play Store/Services, etc. I have photoemoji in messages - I don't have the ability to change chat bubble colors. But I don't have the ability to summarize webpages yet, I am in the U.S. Is this still slow-rolling out, or should I have this feature already?

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Interesting -- I suppose it could still be a server-side rollout. I'll ask in another forum that JR Raphael runs. He might have more insight from direct Google connections ...

Reactions: J Dubbs

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Bought it directly from Google.
Odd. So far, the Pixel 8 users I've polled over on another forum all have the feature. The one caveat is that certain websites can't be summarized, but I doubt that's what you're seeing, since you say that the error message is that your device can't do any kind of summarizing yet.

You said that your updates are current, but just to be sure -- can you tell us which months the security update and the Google Play system update are on? Security should be January, and Google Play system update is still on November (for me, at least).

Another thing to try would be to clear the app cache/data for the Google app in Settings>Apps, then force stop it, then open it and try again.

SamCraig

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Odd. So far, the Pixel 8 users I've polled over on another forum all have the feature. The one caveat is that certain websites can't be summarized, but I doubt that's what you're seeing, since you say that the error message is that your device can't do any kind of summarizing yet.

You said that your updates are current, but just to be sure -- can you tell us which months the security update and the Google Play system update are on? Security should be January, and Google Play system update is still on November (for me, at least).

Another thing to try would be to clear the app cache/data for the Google app in Settings>Apps, then force stop it, then open it and try again.

Android Security Update: Jan 5 2024
Google Play System Update: Nov 1, 2023
Google Play Store Version: 39.1.21-29 [0] [PR] 594053428

I cleared the cache, force stopped, opened and tried again - nothing. I did not clear user data. Do I want to do that? If I do, what might I lose?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Android Security Update: Jan 5 2024
Google Play System Update: Nov 1, 2023
Google Play Store Version: 39.1.21-29 [0] [PR] 594053428

I cleared the cache, force stopped, opened and tried again - nothing. I did not clear user data. Do I want to do that? If I do, what might I lose?

Thanks!
You can clear the app data -- all important data will sync back from your Google account in the cloud.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok - cleared the app data for Google app... cleared cache, force stopped...even rebooted. Still nada
Try to uninstall the Google app update by long pressing it then tap info>upper right corner tap 3 dots and uninstall , test it that way but make sure Google assistant is o if still doesn't then go to play store to update it and try again

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Didn't work. Interestingly enough - I don't have either button,. However, If I type or say read aloud, I do get a player to listen to whatever story is on my screen. But if I say or type summarize, I get the message that I can't on that device. I might have to go into the Google Store :/
You're not using a VPN?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe