Super User App Update Prob.

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
So my phone updated the super user app last night from the android market all is well but one nagging thing every time a reboot my device it asks to update the su binary to v3.0 why and how do I fix this hours of Googling have not paned out...

Thank for help...

HeyBeerManTX

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I had this also, up until about two hours ago. I couldn't update it because it would fail in the process and say that the updater could not be used and to install a new ROM. (...interesting....)

Since this issue is part of SuperUser, I uninstalled the last update using "manage applications", rebooted, and no more issues. I think that this issue was screwing with my wireless tether before I uninstalled.

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info I can't seem to remove the update I am using acs frozin 1.2 they have I set up as a system app that can't be removed so I guess I will try a hrd reset and see what that does the funny thing is all my othr android devices xoom and other epic does not do that kind of strange...

monkey30butt

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info I can't seem to remove the update I am using acs frozin 1.2 they have I set up as a system app that can't be removed so I guess I will try a hrd reset and see what that does the funny thing is all my othr android devices xoom and other epic does not do that kind of strange...

I started having this issue today after Superuser updated. I am running SRF 1.1.1 & Genocide 2.0 kernal. I tried updating busybox with no chang, still FC at the binary update screen. That was after reupdating SU just incase of a bad download. So now I unistalled the SU update & all is good again.

I also turned the auto update for Superuser off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matheb708