Supposedly Samsung has Jelly Bean about ready

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
nah mate aparently samsung have it ready to go... its GOOGLE who have to approve it now :)

No.... The process goes.

Google puts out android "whatever version"
Samsung modifies it to android with tw and Samsung flavored apps
Then off to the carriers

If there is an issue, it is between the carriers and Samsung. They can throw it back and forth, but Google is essentially out of it after they post it as aosp.

Google with help with tech support if there is a question but that is it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: autopaintman

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
p.s, would google really approve an o/s to include Gapps without approving it? genuine question... ie, Kindle Fire is based on google code but isnt advertised as being android

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes... They would.

Gapps and android are two separate things. There was an article on the front Page recently concerning this topic. It is not pure android you run, it is tw flavored android. Or sense flavored.

If Sammy or any other oem had to get their flavor approved, none of them really would. Most of the flavors violate or plain out ignore the guides Google had put down. On screen buttons being a perfect example.

Another good example is how flavors of Linux are there? Red Hat doesn't run to torvolds to get approval when they go up a version

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
right. i just thought if they wanted to sell a device as being android with access to play store, the manufacturers skin would have to atleast pass certain quality controls to ensure that play store content would be experienced to a certain standard. hope ur right then and thats one less hurdle in the way of us gettin official JB :)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am gonna go out on a limb and say it was more of Google saying this is the standard, if you do not follow it, your customers do not get play store.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
My experience so far is limited but the new tw is not as ham handed as the older ones so I think jb will shine through.... But you never know

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
No chance the nature ui or whatever they call it is too new to mess with.

Besides, they seem to pick a theme and stick with it.... Like the crap brown they had on the Charge. I cod have promised to buy all of them if they changed the color and they wouldnt

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky