Swapping micro for nano sim on AT&T

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
So when I get my Nexus 6 from GPlay (hopefully tomorrow) I'm gonna have to get the micro sim in my G3 traded out for a nano sim.

What kinds of experiences have people had going to AT&T stores to get this done? Easy? Painful? Are they gonna charge me??

AC App
Nexus 7 2013

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Easy? No. What's the next step in the direction away from difficult? Trifling?

I walked in and had to leave my phone for repair. I said "I have this old Cingular (AT&T Mobility is a trademark owned by Cingular) phone I can use in the mean time, but it needs a full size SIM - do you have any adapters?" The sales associate said, no, I'll give you a new SIM. I had to wait about 2 minutes for him to change the account, put the SIM into the phone and call it to make sure everything worked. Two whole minutes. It took me longer than that to buy a case.

Oh, no charge. When the old phone came back it had a different SIM, and it took another two minutes for them to switch the account back and call the phone.

(Dealers [I used to be one] can get a handful of SIMs by asking for them - they're probably worth about a dime. I still have a few dozen lying around the house - they're not worth anything.)

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have done this with att a couple times. They normally want to see the phone the Sim card is for to activate it. Its not to much of a problem and they don't charge you.

Posted via Nexus 5

beeg612

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
It took me less than a minute. Walked in and told them I needed a nano sim, clerk got one for me, registered the number to my account and I was on my way.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok, good to know. I was envisioning getting a hard time since I didn't buy the phone from them.

Android Central App
LG G3

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
So when I get my Nexus 6 from GPlay (hopefully tomorrow) I'm gonna have to get the micro sim in my G3 traded out for a nano sim.

What kinds of experiences have people had going to AT&T stores to get this done? Easy? Painful? Are they gonna charge me??

AC App
Nexus 7 2013

I'm just going to use a Sim cutter I bought from amazon.

Posted via the Android Central App

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I walked in to a company store and asked for one. The agent just checked my account and walked into the back to get one. No charge. No hassle at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky