Sync Facebook Contacts

ShannonDavis

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Every Android phone I have owned asked if I wanted to sync my Facebook contacts. I always do. S6 didn't ask and I, for the life of me, can't figure out how.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What brands of Android phone have you had? The ability to sync Facebook contacts with the main Contacts app is dependent on the manufacturer, because this function isn't native to Android (it's not possible on my Nexus 5 or Nexus 7). However, my wife's HTC One M8 can do this.

johntankard

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Shannon, go into the Facebook app, click the three lines to the right hand side top to open the menu, scroll near the bottom, select app settings, bottom of there sync contacts. ☺

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi Shannon, go into the Facebook app, click the three lines to the right hand side top to open the menu, scroll near the bottom, select app settings, bottom of there sync contacts. ☺

Thanks for pointing that out! For others reading this thread, the particular device still has to support this function--for example, my Nexus 5 doesn't have that option in the Facebook settings.

Phil Thames

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Not an option in the most current ver of FB on Lollypop. Also no 3rd party apps that I've found sync, FB killed the interface/integration. Other ideas?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disappointer