T-Mobile 3g in Orlando, FL?

kalldrexx

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking at maybe switching from the Pre to the Nexus One next month (depending on if I can get out of my contract via new fee). However, Sprint's 3g has been good to me and I don't know anyone with T-Mobile.

Does anyone have experience on how well 3g works in Orlando, FL?

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
T-Mobile Coverage Check

Here's the Tmobile coverage map. Click on the data coverage tab and then put in your address. The Orlando area looks pretty doused with Edge coverage and there's a huge blob of 3G centered there.

Last edited by a moderator:

kalldrexx

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I know T-Mobile claims to have good coverage here, but I don't trust carrier made maps. I was just trying to see if anyone had real world experience.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
I've been contemplating the same move, that is until I saw that T-Mobile only offers edge down this way. Don't think I can give up my 3g

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Tmobile's Edge and 3G in my area are really strange, when I had my Mytouch 3g and Edge speeds were about the same, just under 10 seconds for a web page.

kalldrexx

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Thus why I was looking for real world experiences ;)

Ah well I'll get the phone and return it within that 30 day window if I'm not happy with the coverage.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
actually the return policies vary by state. In Cali the have to give you 30 days, not sure what it is here in Florida, although when I talked to them they kept saying 30 days.