T-Mobile 6.0 OTA link on Android Police?

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just saw this on the AP site:

[Update: Nexus 6] [Flash All The Things] October Lollipop Security And Android 6.0 Marshmallow Nexus OTA Roundup

T-Mobile's Software Updates page still claims the OTA is undergoing "Testing" as of 5:10 EST.

I was going to try and run it but Wugfresh won't let me flash it because my phone is on LYZ28M but Wugfresh doesn't have that version in their pull down for the Nexus 6 it stops at LYZ28K so it won't allow me to even run it. Is there another way to flash it besides downloading ADB/Fastboot??? or an easier way????

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Did you try selecting SHAMU Android *.*.* Any Build?

I just tried on my LMY48T build, and it would let me even flash the factory image, let alone the OTA.

Yes, I know this thread is for the Tmobile build, but I figured I'd chime in...

Last edited:

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you try selecting SHAMU Android *.*.* Any Build?

yes when you use Shamu any build it tells you there is no stock recovery for your build..... I dunno..... Wugfresh is so much easier than back in the day of rooting and flashing.... Although it wasn't that bad after I did it a bunch... but the last time I rooted and flashed ROM's was back before the Nexus 4....

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I see what you mean. Crazy. I tried updating the toolkit, and I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall it. Every button I checked, whether the phone was connected or not, was bringing up an error message either about the phone's build or the factory image.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I see what you mean. Crazy. I tried updating the toolkit, and I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall it. Every button I checked, whether the phone was connected or not, was bringing up an error message either about the phone's build or the factory image.

I did the same thing but doesn't appear they've got everything up to date, they are usually pretty good zoo maybe in a day or two? Hopefully by then my 6p is on the way (fingers crossed)

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
It's because of the last security update. I have had the same problem from manually trying to flash to using wugfresh it all errors out at one point or another. I'm not sure why but my build is the LYZ28M and no matter what I do it won't let me even sideload the zip either

Posted via the Android Central App

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's because of the last security update. I have had the same problem from manually trying to flash to using wugfresh it all errors out at one point or another. I'm not sure why but my build is the LYZ28M and no matter what I do it won't let me even sideload the zip either

Posted via the Android Central App

Exact same issue I was having... Nothing I tried would work to flash it..

Oh well.. I'll check it again in a couple of days...