T-Mobile Nexus 6

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Greetings Community,

I just switched from VZW to T-Mobile and picked up a Nexus 6 in the process. First off, let me say, this is the nexus phone I have been waiting for with the Moto tag, so kudos to Google for utilizing some of the best radios on this device.

The battery life, when tweaked here and there, can provide the same results as the Droid Maxx's 36-48 hour discharge. So I'm very happy with that.

The reason for the switch to T-Mobile is because I live in a home that is severely copper wired around, which cuts CDMA signals. But T-Mobile isn't as good either. I was told this phone will receive WiFi calling real soon. My question is, has anyone heard of a definitive date? And for the time being, is there a way to boost signal through the kernel?

Thanks and hello community.

1159ecfea6cb5db31c24720076d3bd22.jpg

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I've got the same issue as well. My signal is garbage. I too am with T-Mobile. I need to contact them about this, but just haven't had the time due to work. Its too bad there wasn't a way to boost the signal on the phone itself, because here in Phoenix, I routinely get a bad signal. 1, maybe 2 bars but usually zero bars.

cozzy123

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you download Google's "hangouts dialer" and start making Wi-Fi calls now? It's on Google play.

Posted via the Android Central App

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I was told by a T-Mobile Rep that WiFi calling is coming via an OTA update. The rep also stated it should be happening hopefully with the next couple of updates (5.0.3+)

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I've got the same issue as well. My signal is garbage. I too am with T-Mobile. I need to contact them about this, but just haven't had the time due to work. Its too bad there wasn't a way to boost the signal on the phone itself, because here in Phoenix, I routinely get a bad signal. 1, maybe 2 bars but usually zero bars.

Is it due to the nexus 6 or T-Mobile? Did your previous phone on T-Mobile get a better signal?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
That is just bad service on t-mobile end...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Get a signal Booster with t-mobile. They only charge you shipping which is like $7

Ended up doing this and it has worked perfectly. No deposit and picked it up at a store instead. Once WiFi calling gets enabled, I'm returning it. But so far it has worked as intended.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I've seen on the site that T-Mo is offering a "save $48" deal on the Nexus 6, for a limited time. Of course, one must add a qualifying rate plan. Once you cancel service, the full amount becomes due. Business, as usual, I guess.

As a side note, CW 32 GB is available on the Moto site. Grab one!

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Ended up doing this and it has worked perfectly. No deposit and picked it up at a store instead. Once WiFi calling gets enabled, I'm returning it. But so far it has worked as intended.
I would keep it even after. If for some reason your Internet goes down you still have that to use for phone calls or data still

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I would keep it even after. If for some reason your Internet goes down you still have that to use for phone calls or data still

True enough. Better to be prepared. Its funny, T-Mobile will offer it for free with no deposit, but go to ATT or Verizon and you have to pay up the *** for their devices. I should have switched a long time ago.

Now, if only Lollipop wasn't so buggy, this would be the greatest phone of all time. Big time difference though with battery life once I got the mini cell tower.

0cb3b5ba8ae95f7728c599ad75f6059b.jpg

b028fc23eed5811d21889a60228cf1fc.jpg

73dcc0e9e57479dd872c7031e9775c85.jpg

va2azerik

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

What part of Phoenix are you in? The only place I get poor reception has been around my job near 40th st and Broadway. Everywhere else my Nexus 6 is on LTE with 3 - 4 bars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal