T-Mobile Note9 512gb in Blue delayed again!

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
This has absolutely been the WORST "pre-order" experience I have ever experienced. My original estimated delivery was Aug. 28 thru Sept. 5th now the app says Sept. 19th thru Sept. 26th. Please enlighten me, what is the purpose of a PRE-ORDER if you won't get the device until almost a MONTH AFTER the device is released??? I just received this text from T-Mobile saying my order has been delayed. What a smack in the face Samsung! I am at a loss for words and I am so tempted to call up Tmobile and Samsung and completely blow up.

Attachments

• 10516.jpg
    10516.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 98

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
This has absolutely been the WORST "pre-order" experience I have ever experienced. My original estimated delivery was Aug. 28 thru Sept. 5th now the app says Sept. 19th thru Sept. 26th. Please enlighten me, what is the purpose of a PRE-ORDER if you won't get the device until almost a MONTH AFTER the device is released??? I just received this text from T-Mobile saying my order has been delayed. What a smack in the face Samsung! I am at a loss for words and I am so tempted to call up Tmobile and Samsung and completely blow up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180823-175522_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20180823-175522_Messages.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 95

Janski 89

Aug 29, 2018
Visit site

Same here in Europe. I pre ordered mine on the 10th of August and 3 days before the official release, they told me that it will be available on the 25th of September. This was my first and last pre order, so disappointed. Also most probably when we get the device, the hype will already be a memory.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Since you're on tmobile why don't you go for the unlocked model from B&H or Amazon? With tmobile on the unlocked model all the features like wifi calling and visual voicemail work and they got them in stock too on Amazon.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Call around to the stores in your area and if they have one cancel your pre-order. You'll miss out on the free gift, but it's not really worth the wait for the phone. Plus, if you want the headphones you can probably pick them up on ebay for penny's on the dollar in a week or two.

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Call around to the stores in your area and if they have one cancel your pre-order. You'll miss out on the free gift, but it's not really worth the wait for the phone. Plus, if you want the headphones you can probably pick them up on ebay for penny's on the dollar in a week or two.

I can try again, but on launch day I called multiple stores and they told me they will not carry the 512gb model in stores, it can only be purchased from T-Mobile.com. I also am taking advantage of the trade in promotion to get $500 for a Galaxy S7 and that promotion ended yesterday.

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site

Just called 4 different stores, they said no stores in this area will carry the 512gb model only the 128gb which I can understand. Most people will think the 512gb is overkill and probably figured they wouldn't sell.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Just called 4 different stores, they said no stores in this area will carry the 512gb model only the 128gb which I can understand. Most people will think the 512gb is overkill and probably figured they wouldn't sell.

True. Same with the Note 5 I recall the larger storage one most of the carriers didn't carry it in the stores.

FricoSuave

Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
Just got confirmation and tracking # that my 512gb blue Note9 has shipped. Finally! Ditto on the worse presale ever. It is clear from my conversations that T-mobile customer service has no idea what they are talking about. Just assumptions and estimations....standard prepared responses.

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Just got confirmation and tracking # that my 512gb blue Note9 has shipped. Finally! Ditto on the worse presale ever. It is clear from my conversations that T-mobile customer service has no idea what they are talking about. Just assumptions and estimations....standard prepared responses.

When did you place your order?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

You got tmobile so next time just order the us unlocked version from Amazon which with tmobile everything works on it just like the branded model.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I can understand why people would want to blame Samsung but sometimes it's the networks themselves that fluff it up by taking on more pre orders than they have stock for.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I can understand why people would want to blame Samsung but sometimes it's the networks themselves that fluff it up by taking on more pre orders than they have stock for.

So, the network gets the amount Samsung made or how many they're allowed to preorder. I didn't know that. Then the extra order are placed on "back order", I guess. Hmm.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
So, the network gets the amount Samsung made or how many they're allowed to preorder. I didn't know that. Then the extra order are placed on "back order", I guess. Hmm.

I think the Networks will place an order with Samsung for x amount of Note 9 units.

But it's also my thoughts that even if pre orders supersede their requested amount of unit's from Samsung they'll continue to accept orders.

A bit like how some airlines knowingly overbook flights just in case someone fails to show but then can leave a passenger without a seat.

So in comparison this can leave a customer without a phone.

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
I think the Networks will place an order with Samsung for x amount of Note 9 units.

But it's also my thoughts that even if pre orders supersede their requested amount of unit's from Samsung they'll continue to accept orders.

A bit like how some airlines knowingly overbook flights just in case someone fails to show but then can leave a passenger without a seat.

So in comparison this can leave a customer without a phone.

Last week or so I went on the T-Mobile chat and the rep told me it was only 1300 units that are on backorder when the pre-order ended. Not sure how much I believe that but it's gotta be much higher now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCheekyDinosaur