T Mobile Pre Orders

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
For some reason, if you order through Samsung - T-Mobile Financial they require a $420 deposit which a lot of people find strange. Even with $1k trade in credits.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, if you order through Samsung - T-Mobile Financial they require a $420 deposit which a lot of people find strange. Even with $1k trade in credits.

It's because the 1K is an enhanced credit - instant trade-in value. The difference is spread over 24 months which in turns can not be applied to what ever they are requiring down.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
It's because the 1K is an enhanced credit - instant trade-in value. The difference is spread over 24 months which in turns can not be applied to what ever they are requiring down.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app
Yeah. I'm not falling for it, tried again with T-Mobile website and it's 0 down payment.

It would be nice to go through Samsung because of Freebie.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I cancelled my tmobile order, I've had some major problems with returning phones with them over the last year and don't want to go through that again just in case I change my mind on the phone.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
That is why it is better to buy like a used Note|10 for under $200. Send that in for the trade in with T-Mobile get $1000 trade in value and then sell your newer model phone. So if you have to send back and are stuck with it only s $200 investment.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a co-worker who's on T-Mobile but he's grandfathered in to some plan from Sprint I have no idea what it is. I was telling him about the deals on the
the 23. Which he would probably want the Plus if he did it at all. He said he has a one plus nine maybe it's a plus. I said oh you might qualify for $800 he said his phone is paid off. He said he was going to go to T-Mobile tomorrow and see what kind of deal he could get. But I didn't know if he could go through Samsung and do it and get at least $100 in accessory credit. I'm sure he won't wait to put money down.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
My problem wasn't with the trade in but sending back a z flip 4 that I ordered in September. The phone was mailed back to them and UPS delivered it and they could never find it in the warehouse and I just got that phone finally taken off my account last month, January. I'm not going through that mess again. I called so much that I know most of their names by the sound of their voice.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My problem wasn't with the trade in but sending back a z flip 4 that I ordered in September. The phone was mailed back to them and UPS delivered it and they could never find it in the warehouse and I just got that phone finally taken off my account last month, January. I'm not going through that mess again. I called so much that I know most of their names by the sound of their voice.

I live in an apartment and mail is tough. I decided a few years ago that walk in is better. I had to wait after release to get a good deal on my Note 20U. I'll probably do the same with this one. I haven't upgraded in over 2 years because of the monthly installment plan. My phone works fine, I just want that better camera (and a few new upgrades).

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
So i went to T-Mobile app to look to order the S23 ultra and it says it is sold out. Basically all s23s are sold out. So I'm guessing that the big trade in value are finished.

Sent from my SM-G998U using AC Forums mobile app

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So i went to T-Mobile app to look to order the S23 ultra and it says it is sold out. Basically all s23s are sold out. So I'm guessing that the big trade in value are finished.

Go into a T-Mobile store or call them directly. If you can, find a corporate location, not an authorized reseller and see if they can get you on the pre-order list even though they are out of stock and apply the credit.

Sometimes, they can work some wizardry behind the scenes that are not available on the website.

Dreng

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site
Just got charged for my phone pre orders. Means shipping could be soon. Usually charge then shipping in next day or two.

Logan Hale

Feb 5, 2022
Visit site
Go into a T-Mobile store or call them directly. If you can, find a corporate location, not an authorized reseller and see if they can get you on the pre-order list even though they are out of stock and apply the credit.

Sometimes, they can work some wizardry behind the scenes that are not available on the website.

Wizardry lol silly lol

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I think I read somewhere Samsung is making less S23's to keep the demand and price up, because they knew they weren't going to sell as many in the current economy for the prices they're asking. Same reason the Samsung trade in values are so low. The carriers are subsidizing the best deals this year.

It's the same thing AMD and Nvidia are doing with their graphics cards... trying to keep the prices pushed up to the stupid high pricing during the middle of the pandemic, when there was a huge shortage. Real class acts :(

Dreng

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site
I used Jump 1.0. No real deals with it as I send in my phone and get a new phone. Just paid taxes and is $50 a month for the s23 ultra. Benefit is I can upgrade twice in rolling 12 months so if I decide I hate TMobile tomorrow I jump to the cheapest phone before leaving.