T-Mobile Sim Swap going be difficult

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah definitely but going be a pain now for me to switch sims between device
Oh, I see what you mean. I thought the article was referring to swapping to a new device, not between devices you already have. That throws a wrench into the whole process. I guess my Note20U will have to stay wifi only in favor of my S22U.

I can see that would be a huge inconvenience for you as you have a variety of devices.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's not clear to me -- does this mean if you simply remove the SIM from one phone and put it in another, it won't work? The article mentions that it affects users who try to swap the SIM themselves online or using the app. I've never had to access anything on the website or app to physically move my SIM from one phone to the other.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
It's not clear to me -- does this mean if you simply remove the SIM from one phone and put it in another, it won't work? The article mentions that it affects users who try to swap the SIM themselves online or using the app. I've never had to access anything on the website or app to physically move my SIM from one phone to the other.

It would make more sense to me if they were talking about switching from your currently activated sim to a new previously not activated sim card.

It is a vaguely written article.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think it's only for esim online or register a sim u could do those in your account so no longer a option but I can't see why sim from one device to another be a problem or least hope not . I have 2 T-Mobile device on esim and one with a sim.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using AC Forums mobile app

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
This sucks! I show all my phones equal love by rotating my sim.....this may be a problem

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This sucks! I show all my phones equal love by rotating my sim.....this may be a problem

I'm hoping swapping sims between your device is going be ok and only for trying to do online sim is what they meant

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm interpreting this as meaning that if you get a new SIM card from T-Mobile, you'll have to do the physical swap from your old SIM in a store. It sounds like it doesn't have to do with swapping your own SIM between devices.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I'm interpreting this as meaning that if you get a new SIM card from T-Mobile, you'll have to do the physical swap from your old SIM in a store. It sounds like it doesn't have to do with swapping your own SIM between devices.
Any volunteers with 2 phones to try it and find out...lol?

If not, I'll do it next week. Being lazy about having to apply adhesive on the front cover of my fold 4 if I remove it...lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Any volunteers with 2 phones to try it and find out...lol?

If not, I'll do it next week. Being lazy about having to apply adhesive on the front cover of my fold 4 if I remove it...lol

I'll try it out tomorrow as 2 are work sim

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie