Tab S8 owners... where you at?

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
How is everyone liking their Tab S8, Plus or Ultra? I have the S8 and couldn't be happier with my purchase. It's my first tablet and I mainly use it for watching videos and playing games. I don't really care if it can't compete or compare to the iPad or if the tablet os is lagging behind iPad os. I will regularly use split screen for two apps and it never disappoints.

Anyway, just trying to revive this part of the forum and get some discussion going surrounding these devices.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using AC Forums mobile app

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the tab 8+, it works great for me. I mainly use mine as a phone extension. I have it set up to take phone calls and text messages so I set my phone on the kitchen counter and leave it sit there.

I never used a tablet before the tab 8, mainly because Samsung tablets usually are sluggish at best, but that's not the case with the tab8+. I bought the tab 8 because I had $250 promo gift card to use or lose and I seen that it can be set up to receive phone calls and text messages.

Yes this forum is pretty dead. I was surprised to see a new post when I popped in this morning.

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the Ultra and love it.

I have a Fold 4 which I use as my regular "handheld tablet." Since the Nexus 7, I've always preferred small form factor tablets, so I'd have no use for a large; 11" S8 or 12.5" S8+.

I use my Ultra for Xbox gaming mostly, but also some video/TV watching, coloring, and reading comics too.

I can watch something on my TV while streaming my Xbox to my Ultra, especially when my wife wants to watch TV.

I absolutely love it.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the tab 8+, it works great for me. I mainly use mine as a phone extension. I have it set up to take phone calls and text messages so I set my phone on the kitchen counter and leave it sit there.

I never used a tablet before the tab 8, mainly because Samsung tablets usually are sluggish at best, but that's not the case with the tab8+. I bought the tab 8 because I had $250 promo gift card to use or lose and I seen that it can be set up to receive phone calls and text messages.

Yes this forum is pretty dead. I was surprised to see a new post when I popped in this morning.

I prefer using my Tablet once I get home from work. I find my wifi signal is stronger on my Tab S8 than my S22+. It generally stays connected when my phone will disconnect when it senses a low signal.

I'd be curious how many Tab S8 users are out there and what percentage of them are Android fanatics who go onto forums to discuss their devices. Obviously most people go onto to forums to discuss the issues with their devices or how to get the most out of them. Granted the amount of time that people spend on a tablet compared to a phone is not close at all.

A tablet for some is a luxury device while a phone is pretty much a necessity. But at the same time I know there are Samsung users out there who bought one at the same time as their S22's.

We have some money coming in soon so I'm going to be paying off my Tab S8 and possibly my watch 5. I intend on keeping this tablet for a long time.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I prefer using my Tablet once I get home from work. I find my wifi signal is stronger on my Tab S8 than my S22+. It generally stays connected when my phone will disconnect when it senses a low signal.

I'd be curious how many Tab S8 users are out there and what percentage of them are Android fanatics who go onto forums to discuss their devices. Obviously most people go onto to forums to discuss the issues with their devices or how to get the most out of them. Granted the amount of time that people spend on a tablet compared to a phone is not close at all.

A tablet for some is a luxury device while a phone is pretty much a necessity. But at the same time I know there are Samsung users out there who bought one at the same time as their S22's.

We have some money coming in soon so I'm going to be paying off my Tab S8 and possibly my watch 5. I intend on keeping this tablet for a long time.

I agree with you tablets are luxury items, but when we have phones like the fold 4 and S22U we kind of put ourselves in the luxury items of cell phones as there are cheaper options for phone.

I don't have any intentions on upgrading tablets for awhile. I don't upgrade tablets like I do phones. I don't remember the last time I used a computer, between the fold and tablet I don't have a need to use one. Samsung out did themselves on the S8 tablets. There is no comparing the S8 to the A tablets. The A tablets are horrible

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you tablets are luxury items, but when we have phones like the fold 4 and S22U we kind of put ourselves in the luxury items of cell phones as there are cheaper options for phone.

I don't have any intentions on upgrading tablets for awhile. I don't upgrade tablets like I do phones. I don't remember the last time I used a computer, between the fold and tablet I don't have a need to use one. Samsung out did themselves on the S8 tablets. There is no comparing the S8 to the A tablets. The A tablets are horrible

We bought our kids Tab A tablets. They basically just watch YouTube and play smaller games on them. My son, who just turned 13, is still ok using one. He also has a switch. But he has also been talking about starting a gaming YouTube channel. We're trying to keep him off the adult, non kid's side of the internet for as long as possible. He basically watches kid friendly gamers on YouTube. Thankfully he hasn't asked for a more expensive tablet. He's not getting a phone until he absolutely needs one.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
We bought our kids Tab A tablets. They basically just watch YouTube and play smaller games on them. My son, who just turned 13, is still ok using one. He also has a switch. But he has also been talking about starting a gaming YouTube channel. We're trying to keep him off the adult, non kid's side of the internet for as long as possible. He basically watches kid friendly gamers on YouTube. Thankfully he hasn't asked for a more expensive tablet. He's not getting a phone until he absolutely needs one.

Tab A is good for kids for sure. They are so slow, I use one for work and it's horrendous to use.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Ed_Grohl

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
S8+. I discovered you can control your PC from anywhere via Chrome and it basically now can be a PC, which is awesome. It's a great device as a tablet as well for videos, gaming, etc. One of my most useful gadget purchases.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
S8+. I discovered you can control your PC from anywhere via Chrome and it basically now can be a PC, which is awesome. It's a great device as a tablet as well for videos, gaming, etc. One of my most useful gadget purchases.
I couldn't agree more with your last point. I talked to a coworker today who is even more obsessed with tech than me. He has the Fold 3 as his daily driver and I can't see myself ever replacing my Tab S8 with the Fold.

Paul Bledsoe

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have just got my Tab S8 Ultra a few weeks ago to pair with my S22 Ultra. I absolutely love this tablet. As a long time owner of an iPad Air, it was very hard for me to part with it. But after using my Tab S8 Ultra, I'm so glad that I traded in my iPad for it. I find I am able to do so much more with my Tab that I could with the iPad.

I even enjoy consuming media more on the Tab than even on my 55' Samsung TV. This tablet surpasses my S22 Ultra as my best electronic purchase ever. :)

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
The S8s are great tablets. No real issues, so few posts. I am on other forums and most of the posts are just complaints. Not with this group, thank you.
As it has been said no complaints. Love my S8+ and how it works with my S22 Ultra.
Joshua , thanks for posting.

bennetdg

May 22, 2023
Visit site
I had the same issue with my Samsung S8+Tablet.
I tracked the problem down to a magnet issue with the 3rd party folding case.
A very simple fix was to tape in position a small piece of flat roofing iron cut off.
Magnet and sensor are about 2cm down from top of screen (portrai) and 5cm in from left side.
Solved the problem 100%
See attached photo.

Attachments

• 20230522_122720.jpg
    20230522_122720.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
With how much I can sell my Tab S8 on Swappa for, I'm seriously thinking about selling it there. I can pay it off as well as my watch 5 and Pixel 7 Pro. I really want to simplify my life and just have a phone and watch. I hate having so much debt wrapped up in tech devices. It was so easy last year to just add on a $7 or $10 a month payment here and there. I use my tablet almost daily but mainly only for watching content on it. I got by just fine before I got it. I'll be fine without it. We are going to Punta Cana in a couple of weeks so it'll be nice to have on the plane but after we get back, I'm almost certain I'm going to sell it. I may end up selling my Galaxy watch 5 as well in case I want to try out iOS again in the future. Garmin watches are compatible with iOS so I might be looking into getting one. I really have no desire to buy an apple watch even if I do choose to try iOS at some point. But I'll most likely stick with either Samsung or Google unlocked.

I know people who mainly buy their devices in full off of Swappa and with a monthly payment, I can't do that. So with my Pixel 7 Pro paid off, I'll have the freedom to do that.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Well that came full circle.
Yeah. I've just been looking at our finances and how much I'm paying for devices each month. My monthly payments for devices is $60. I could eliminate about half of that if I sold my tablet and paid it off, my watch and Pixel 7 Pro. I know the easiest thing to do is just to keep paying the same amount each month. I'm kind of trapped into this Pixel 7 Pro and it hasn't been as consistent of a phone as I'd have hoped. I'm trying to pay a little extra each month to pay everything off a little sooner but 2025 is a long time to be stuck with this phone. I know I got a great deal on the Tab S8 but it's honestly not something I need, especially with how much it's worth.

My situation is weird. I'm paying $50 to Samsung for the tablet, watch, and S22+ that I traded into to Google for the 7 Pro which I'm paying $10/month for. I had the S22+ for about 7 months and the battery life and camera performance was not great.

I'm going to give it another month to see if I feel any different about it.

I'm going back and forth between keeping the Pixel 7 Pro and trading it in for an S23 ultra or iPhone 14 pro max if I decide to sell the Tablet. I don't see a way for me to pay off the S22+ account any sooner which is $29/month until March 2025.

Zorrak

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I came to the Samsung Tablet forums to check out TabS9 threads. I just preordered one. When there wasn't one made, figured I check out the TabS8 section since I almost got one one and they are so similar.
Sounds like you got a situation on your hands! and a phone addiction!? Within the same post your trying to cut down device payments and by the end of it you want to trade in a phone(not paid off) that you got by trading in a phone (not paid off) for the most expensive phone out there aside the Fold. I know your post is 2 months ago, I'm just wondering what you ended up doing? I have a P7P and its going fine. Was coming off a S21 which was also fine. What don't you like with the Pixel? not even a year and your ready to get rid of it, are you on a plan like me, with Verizon I get credits each month. Price of my P7Pcomes out to $200, but if I went and paid it off I'd lose the credits and be paying more