Tablets are completely useless/crap and pointless!!

ShaunAFC3

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Now we use our 5.1 to 6 inches smartphones every single day as our computers and of course laptops and desktops for heavy duty work like video editing, 3D work if neaded but there is tablets like the iPad and Android tablets which they are only giant smartphones with out the calling feature.

I use to love tablets and was a huge fan of them and they was my main computer but my opinion has completely changed about tablets after I got my Samsung Galaxy S6 phone that has a amazing 5.1 inche display and have been using it for over a week now and it is a beast of a smartphone haha!! :D :D

Now I don't really think tablets especially the iPads, Android tablets are not that good anymore because they are just like my Galaxy S6 but just have a bigger screen and set it and they don't offer tablet features that is not available on there smartphone counterparts or anything different.

And there are lots of people(including me) that thought tablets are the future and will kill the Laptop and desktop but as it turns out so far it seems completely the opposite way round the laptops are killing the tablets and by that I means hybrids(just basically glorified laptops) Surface Pro 4, Acer Alpha Switch 12 and HP Spectre X2 and lots more and many more people are buying hybrids to replace there old tablets(rather then replacing with a newer tablet) and sales figures from sales reporters like IDC proves that and the tablet sales including the iPad are declining just like netbooks did and usage of iPads are going down as well, So People are using there tablets less and less and not buying them which it is terrible news for the tablet market and tablets manufacturers like Apple/Samsung/LG/Google more.

And to make things 20 times worse so far this year in 2016 big tablet makers like Samsung, Sony and Google haven't announced and released there high end/flagship tablets yet, not surprised tbh, they will never be able to make money out of them anymore and I am sure Apple will abandon there iPads in the future because of the poor terrible sales and the people are not buying and using them anymore.

And all so it does not help that tablet makers like Samsung, HP, Lenovo are focusing making hybrids just glorified laptops with a ability to use it as a tablet) like the Surface Pro 4 then stand along/pure tablets like the iPad, a Galaxy Tab S2, Things are definitely looking terrible for the tablet market.

So after getting my Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone and been using it for just over a week now, After 3/4 years of using giant smartphones(tablets), I won't be using them anymore and I will just buy a laptop and use my smartphone Galaxy S6 in the future.

In my honest opinion about giant smartphones(tablets), I think tablets are completely useless, crap and pointless because the phones we have are good enough and big enough and still very portable and on the other hand laptops are very portable and very powerful which tablets like the iPad and Android tablets will never have that appeal anymore and hopefully due to the declining sales tablets will definitely become obsolete just like the netbooks did a few years ago!!!

I really hope tablets like the huge IPhone(oops I mean the iPad) and Android tablets die and disappear in the future just like netbooks did(a few years ago).

Anyone think tablets are completely useless and pointless now?? Do you agree or disagree?? And who wants my iPad Air 2 haha?? :D :D

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tablets are completely useless and pointless!!

Sorry that I didn't read anything above, but strongly disagree. At this point, for most nominal tasks I prefer my Pixel C over desktop or laptop.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tablets are completely useless and pointless!!

I'd say that many types of gaming are best on a tablet, since a 5.5" or 6" phone's screen will often still be a little too small, and a laptop is too unwieldy for touchscreen play.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
We've had tablets around the house for years, I think they're garbage, probably used them 4-5 times max. I don't see the point, laptop or phone for me.

But...to each their own, there are plenty of tablets sold each year so there are plenty of fans.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Use case dependent. I find tablets are a great media consumption device in the 7-8in size. They are comfortable to hold for reading, have large enough screens for long form video, and work as productivity devices in a pinch.

I have a Surface Pro 4, but can't use it to read in bed, it's too heavy and awkward to hold and the screen is too bright.

maizhaoiv

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I disagree your point. My parents need a bigger screen device for web surfing, find information and etc. They don't like to using phone for searching information.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
The fact that there is a huge market for tablets suggests otherwise. Have you ever tried reading a book on an S6? I have an Edge and whilst it's a great phone, there are things I prefer the tablet for such as reading and watching media. The fact the OP doesn't seem he needs a tablet is fine. We buy what we want that suits our needs. We all have our own opinions and what is right for me is not necessarily right for the next person

missouriexile

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I tend to agree with OP although not quite so vehemently.

However like everything else it a completely personal opinion.

I had a high end Samsung 10 inch tablet. Excitement quickly wore off. Just too hard/awkward to hold.
(if you are planning on a tablet make sure to get a 4g. Wifi is too limited)

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I agree with OP. All the reasons listed are why I do not have a tablet. I'm perfectly fine with my smart phone and laptop. Someday I might get a tablet if there is a really great sale.

I do not think tablets will go away. Manufacturers are already coming to terms that tablet sales will be the same as smart phone sales. Tablets will be a luxury item at home. They do have applications in retail and business.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I use my tablet almost more than I use my phone. When I'm home my phone goes away and my iPad comes out. For me I use it all the time. Using it right now!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think the tablet market is still trying to find it's place, but it is doing so too slowly. The thing to consider is this: Laptops are becoming more and more slim. Chromebooks are starting to support Android apps, further killing the tablet territory. If you take a Chromebook, (let's say a 11" screen) that is a convertible, that will take the place of most tablets. In this case, it will be about the same price as a smaller tablet, will offer more screen real estate, can do everything the tablet can do, in some cases better (anything related to typing especially).

mscjr

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
My tablet is my primary computing device, granted I'm no longer an engineer and have moved into management, I find it to be perfect for portability to meetings while being adept enough to get work done.

A side-effect of somewhat cumbersome multi-tasking is that I have an easier time focusing on the task and hand and not losing the context of what I'm doing. On the other hand, it's significantly less intrusive in a meeting, however not distracting to others the way a phone or laptop is.

In the beginning, I missed mouse support - but I've come around on that as well and enjoy the fantastic battery life and no reliance on extra accessories.

One last point - using the larger ipad w/ the pencil (yeah yeah...I know... let it all out..) is fantastic for 'white boarding' IT architecture and concepts while connected to a projector. So for my use case - it's an integrated part of my work flow.

fotolaino

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Tablets are good for one thing: they start up fast. Instead laptops take much more time to become operative, especially if the user bloats it with software and viruses.
But this is becoming less of a problem since with win 10 and SSDs we are able to get less than 30 seconds boot time on ultrabooks, and given their capabilities the wait time is irrelevant

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv