takes a century for phone keyboard to come up, help!!!

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Ever since i got the phone the keyboard takes ages to come up. Doesnt matter what app, texting, youtube, google etc it takes at least 10 seconds to come up, not sure what to do at this point. Ive tried stock, swiftkey and swype and they all come up slow

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree that it's bad. I've been on android for a while so I'm used to it, but a lot of people coming from iPhones think it takes forever.

sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S?4 with Tapatalk 4

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Although I will say with Swype or the Google keyboard it's pretty quick. The Samsung keyboard seems to lag more.

sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S?4 with Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ever since i got the phone
Did you get the phone new? This is very strange behavior - why didn't you get it looked at when it was still in the exchange period?
Your best bet would be to backup your information (using Kies or some other solution) and perform a Factory Reset.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ever since i got the phone the keyboard takes ages to come up. Doesnt matter what app, texting, youtube, google etc it takes at least 10 seconds to come up, not sure what to do at this point. Ive tried stock, swiftkey and swype and they all come up slow

Do you have the 'smart' features on?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Did you get the phone new? This is very strange behavior - why didn't you get it looked at when it was still in the exchange period?
Your best bet would be to backup your information (using Kies or some other solution) and perform a Factory Reset.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

It happenes randomly, it's not always, whenever a new update would come out it'd go away for a week then progressively get worse. When I first got swiftkey it was quick at first then went to really slow again. I still have warranty on the phone because they talked me into it but verizon doesn't carry the s3 in 32 gb's anymore

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have the 'smart' features on?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Wha'tre the smart features??

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
My other problem is my power/unlock button is going out. I have to push it in just the right spot or else the screen turns back on right after I i turned it on, or it wont turn off and will just go on the turn off screen and start blinking that

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It happenes randomly, it's not always, whenever a new update would come out it'd go away for a week then progressively get worse. When I first got swiftkey it was quick at first then went to really slow again. I still have warranty on the phone because they talked me into it but verizon doesn't carry the s3 in 32 gb's anymore

- - - Updated - - -

Wha'tre the smart features??

Like the smart stay, smart rotate...that stuff might delay the keyboard.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Settings -> About phone will show you the particulars for your firmwareuploadfromtaptalk1376586864669.jpgSince we've now established that it did work correctly and degraded over time, you should boot into Recovery mode and clear the cache and see if that helps.

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Settings -> About phone will show you the particulars for your firmwareView attachment 76649Since we've now established that it did work correctly and degraded over time, you should boot into Recovery mode and clear the cache and see if that helps.

mine shows the exact same as yours how do i go into recovery mode and clear cache?