Talk. Standby Time

DerkWehler

Nov 19, 2018
Visit site
The first LG V20 I bought, the battery would only last 3.5 hours *on standby*. I tried 4 other batteries, 1 OEM... Same results. I exchanged it and now get about 12-14 hours standby and maybe 6.5 hours regular use. The specs say 23 hours talk time and 6-1/2 days standby, Obviously that is exaggerated. But I need to know some approximations on what real users get.

Someone asked "what battery?". The OEM battery that comes with a V20. I have 2 OEM batteries and 3 after-market ones. They all perform near the same.

Also please just answer the question if you can: About how much time do you get from your V20 battery with 'normal' use?

As it stands, I would have to change my battery at least 2 times per day and that seems excessive. I doubt it is an issue with it being a 2 year old phone, because I have the after-market batteries that are probably not that old.

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The phone is over two years old now. Even a "new" battery is likely to be old stock and has lost some capacity.

I personally don't pay much attention to my usage time anymore. The phone does everything I want, so charging a bit more frequently is a minor annoyance.

mrdave570

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Anyone who can tell me about how long your battery lasts?

3-4 hours of heavy use, 4-5 hours of light use, 6-8 hours of very light use. I try not to run too many apps.

I always carry a spare in my wallet. If I am going out for 12 or more hours, I carry 2 spares. There is no question that these V20 batteries do not last as new phone batteries. They were great in 2016 when this phone came out. Now they deplete very fast and don't last as long as when they were new. Get the spare battery charger and always carry 1 extra for peace of mind.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm using an extended battery that I think was old stock. I'll getting about 5-6 hours mixed use out of it going 80-40%.

DerkWehler

Nov 19, 2018
Visit site
3-4 hours of heavy use, 4-5 hours of light use, 6-8 hours of very light use. I try not to run too many apps.

I always carry a spare in my wallet. If I am going out for 12 or more hours, I carry 2 spares. There is no question that these V20 batteries do not last as new phone batteries. They were great in 2016 when this phone came out. Now they deplete very fast and don't last as long as when they were new. Get the spare battery charger and always carry 1 extra for peace of mind.

Thanks! That's roughly what I am getting.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I see. One of the real fatties, lol. May I ask which one and how happy you are with it? I feel like I may get one of them on Amazon, but am a little concerned that the replacement case fit well.
This is the one I'm using.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B078...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6587510

According to AccuBattery, it's estimated capacity is more like 8,500mAh when doing a full 5-100% charge, 5,000mAh when charging 40-80%. Definitely can tell it wasn't full strength out of the box, and may try to do a warranty claim on it. The case fits well, but the volume buttons are now insanely sensitive. I've become use to it and it's not a big problem now, but still an annoyance.

christianttt

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
When I used it as main phone I would need to use a backup battery to get to the end of the day. Now I've seen the batteries are not as good as before.

RTGent

Nov 8, 2017
Visit site
I get 5-6 hours using it mostly as a music player and for browsing, from either of my 2 PlayMore batteries. My Sony XZ1 Compact runs for 8-12, but it's a trade-off because that battery is not replaceable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali