Target preorder : Get $100 gift card plus $200 gift card for smartphone trade in (specific models)

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Anybody have any updated information about this preorder? When i enter my Verizon credentials it doesn't get me past that screen. I may have to just pre-order through Verizon or Best Buy.

Pippinsky

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Have a preorder at target. Called the store today to make sure I could purchase with a Sprint two year contract price. (I'm with Sprint 10 years) she said Sprint does not allow this any longer as if two weeks ago. Does not make sense. My assumption is I buy at $399, get a $50 rebate from Sprint, get a $100 dollar target card. Am I wrong?

Also, would my old 4s iphone also qualify me for $200?
Thanks

jamesaru

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Have a preorder at target. Called the store today to make sure I could purchase with a Sprint two year contract price. (I'm with Sprint 10 years) she said Sprint does not allow this any longer as if two weeks ago. Does not make sense. My assumption is I buy at $399, get a $50 rebate from Sprint, get a $100 dollar target card. Am I wrong?

Also, would my old 4s iphone also qualify me for $200?
Thanks

I don't think they know what they're talking about and we'll just have to wait until release day to get the real answers. On the Sprint website you can clearly upgrade to the Note 7 on the 2-year contract price. I'm not sure if we'll still be eligible for the $50 rebate and will probably have to pay an activation/upgrade fee, which would eat into the savings. However, a $100 gift card and $200 phone trade it would still work out to our advantage. I don't see a Sprint iPhone 4s on the list of accepted devices for the $200 trade in but, again, who knows. Unfortunately, it may just come down to each store and be dependent on how knowledgeable the rep is.

At this point, I'm not too confident I'll be able to do the 2-year agreement and get all of the promotions, but I'm hopeful!

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Missed the sale on BB for the unlocked LG. Scurrying to find a working cell phone on the list. Any one else with links or tips, I would appreciate it. Suppose I can bite the bullet and pay $80 for the LG but I liked it better at $50. Not finding much locally on craigslist.

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Haha yep...I am in this one too.

I thought about cancelling and picking up from the ATT store on release if Target doesn't have stock but that gift card is too tempting. I have a 9 month old, that $100 gift card will cover some diapers and formula.

Droid Husker

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious about the trade-in part, wonder if I'm seeing the same thing others are. When I first saw about this deal, I didn't see any of my old phones I have laying around listed, so I just figured I wouldn't mess with it. Then I looked again, and did see the HTC One M7 listed, which I have my old one in good shape, so I decided to go ahead and pre-order, and do this deal. Then I was looking again today, and didn't see it again, then I looked again and I did, and I figured out why.

At the top of the page, there is a box to search for your device. If I type in HTC One M7, it comes up with nothing, if I just type in HTC One, it comes up with a number of devices, basically most every One device from the One Max on. If I click on the "Phones" icon near the top, right next to "Tablets","Games","Consoles", etc...; and then choose HTC as my manufacturer, it also is not listed anywhere there. However, if I scroll down the page, past the "How It Works" heading with the 3 images briefly explaining the program, to where there is a heading that says "Products", under that heading there are two large pictures that link to Phones and Tablets. If I click the Phones link, then under the "Brand" heading that comes up click "HTC", I get 8 listings, and the second one from the left in the top row is "One M7 (2013) - AT&T" which is my exact device. Right now, I can't get it to give me a quote, because it's screwed up and asks for a Storage Capacity, but doesn't actually give you any options for Storage Capacity; but when I first looked into it about a week ago, it wasn't screwed up and gave me a quote of something like $41, I can't remember the exact amount.

I'm just wondering if others see this the same way. I would think since it's listed and it does (or did) give me a price, I should be okay to use it. It's just strange, because it's the only one I've noted that's this way, other phones that show up under that bottom listing, also show up elsewhere.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Weird. HTC M7 was there when I ordered. Then it disappeared. Now it's back? I sold mine thinking it no longer get qualified.

Pippinsky

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I got an email confirmation of preorder but nothing more specific, any one get another email stating it could be picked up on the 19th?

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
No and I called and all they said was they should be available on the 19th. Really want that 200 credit and Gift Card but their policies are tough to digest.

aenokea

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Can I buy the phone outright and still get the gift cards and memory card? Im with ATT on the grandfathered unlimited plan and dont want to change anything. Just want my Note 7 and gift cards!

droidtgray

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Nope, you must add a line or have an upgrade available. I'm with Verizon same situation... I think this was the best deal going.

Posted via the Android Central App

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Target preorder : Get $100 gift card plus $200 gift card for any working smartphone trade in

Very limited. I was looking to dump an old cheap Samsung but not on the list. "ANY" Smartphone is quite misleading. Maybe the title of this thread needs to be clarified to "ANY SMARTPHONE ON THEIR LIST"

bestbuy had something similar last year for the note 5. i took in a Blackberry 9650, and got the advertised trade in offer + the value of the phone (which was like $20) heheh.