V40 price breakdown (all carriers)

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Prices don't include sales tax, which can vary depending where you live (where I live is 9.75% so about $90-$100)

AT&T ($950 or $31.67/month for 30 months)
Sprint ($960 or $20/month lease for 18 months)
T-Mobile ($920 or $200 down and $30/month for 24 months)
Verizon ($980 or $32.49/month for 24 months)
US Cellular ($900 or $25/month for 30 months)
Best Buy ($950 or $39.60/month for 24 months)
B&H Photo ($950) [***NO TAX IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE NEW YORK]

Preordered phones will ship out to customers starting Oct. 16 (with AT&T) and continue throughout the week.

Right now you can get a DJI Gimbal and a 256GB microSD card (if you pre-order by Oct. 19th from select retailers and must claim via LG's website). There are also some carrier specific promotions, like buy one get one free through AT&T or get $200 off through Verizon (terms apply for both).

All carriers will have the Aurora Black.. Verizon will also have the Moroccan Blue.. the Red and Silver color aren't available right now in the US.

middbrew

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
The buy one get one free from AT&T requires you to add a new line for the second device. I almost did that but it would have required me to drop a line (and lose that phone number), add the new one with a new phone number. Both my wife and I have way too many business contacts that that wasn't an option.

So we switched to Verizon to get the $200. Plus I can get the Moroccan Blue.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The buy one get one free from AT&T requires you to add a new line for the second device. I almost did that but it would have required me to drop a line (and lose that phone number), add the new one with a new phone number. Both my wife and I have way too many business contacts that that wasn't an option.

So we switched to Verizon to get the $200. Plus I can get the Moroccan Blue.

Disappointed, they advertised the matte finish design but only Verizon gets it! Lucky! Oh well, guess it's black with blue tint for me!

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I am on T-mobile and got the V40 for 0 down. I do have to pay $38.33 per month, so in the end I will still be paying $920 total for the phone if I keep it for 24 months.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Man if that's true about the matte finish then I'm waiting ... Don't want another glossy phone

You can get a clear matte skin wrap. Those things are easy to install, you just spray water. I'm not sure if LG is going to release more colors, most likely not.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I pre ordered with Verizon as well, $200 off plus the freebies from LG made me get this over the Pixel 3XL.

Not a lot of choices for cases right now, going with a cheap clear one until some others come out.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I am on T-mobile and got the V40 for 0 down. I do have to pay $38.33 per month, so in the end I will still be paying $920 total for the phone if I keep it for 24 months.

I just visited the Tmo site and if you filter for LG phones it does show the V40 with 0 down and $38.33 per month. However if you click through to the detail, it shows $200.00 down......I suspect that is someone being lazy in updating the pages. From what I see, yes, you are still paying tax.

From my perspective, I'd rather keep the $200.00 in my pocket and not get the big ding in my monthly cash flow. Paying $100.00 in taxes is much better than paying $300.00 to get a new phone.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Man if that's true about the matte finish then I'm waiting ... Don't want another glossy phone
Matte finish on glass. All the disadvantages of glass (heavy, breaks easily) just to imitate plastic. Plastic is just a BETTER material to put on the back. Cheaper, lighter, less likely to shatter just better.