Task Killer

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I just got the Inspire 4G and was wondering about a Task Killer. What task killers are people using, are there ones I should stay away from?

NickAVV

Lionfish Apps
Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Don't use one at all. Android doesn't need it, and it will actually hurt performance and battery life if you use one. Its true!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Stay away from all of them..they're not needed. They're more of a drain on the cpu...Android is Linux based and will close down programs as needed.

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
And yet I use one (Systempanel) with much better results (smoother operation, better battery life) than without. How about you try it out and see what works for you? YMMV.

OMG NO! Not a task killer! AAAAHHHHHHH!!! It's really not the end of the world, you know.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Task killers are not needed but again needed for poorly coded apps that do not close all the way when hitting escape key.

But your better off just letting it run and once you phone starts to lag, just do a reboot.

It's kinda like your Windows computer, when some apps don't close all the way and are in the Task Manager, you don't go and kill it, so why do it to your device. Yes Task manager is there but you rarely use it and when your computer starts to run slow, what do you do? reboot.