teaching features

albsal

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I'm an italian teacher and before buying a galaxy note I'd like to have some informations
I've been searching these informations in the web and I asked in several shops but I couldn't get satisfying answer to them.
I would like to know:
1) is samsung galaxy note 10.1 easy to connect with every kind of projector? I teach in several different situations and I can never choose the device to show my slides
2) My presentations are made in odt format (libre office: I use ubuntu on my notebook) and during the lessons it would be great for me to draw with the pen on them to add informations and figures, underline, .... as it can be done in an interactive multimedia board. Is it possible to load the open office format, modify the presentations with the pen and save?

Obviously I'd like to get a galaxy note for a lot of other reasons, but if I'm not sure I can get these performances I'll never buy it.
Thank you in advance and I beg you pardon if I'm wrong in something: I'm aged and not so well trained in netiquette ;-)
Alberto

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Can't answer #1 from personal experience, but I believe there is a dongle you have to purchase to allow connectivity.

As for #2, if Libre Office works like PowerPoint, during the presentation mode you can activate a pen and write on slides (this is an inherent feature of PowerPoint). I also tried this in Polaris Office. Worst case, you can make a quick screen shot of the slide and write on the screen shot with the pen. This would preserve your actual slide show for future use.

I am a teacher (don't use it for projections as we have one in every classroom) but use this device daily. I import PDF files and mark them up, keep up with my Gmail calendar and student email, store PowerPoints on it for reference during lecture, and, best of all, use S Note for all the notes I take. I have completely replaced legal pads. (Yay!).

It's a solid device. Good luck with your decision.

albsal

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hallo
about the connection note 10.1 - vga projector, I've found this instruction for galaxy note 2.

I have successfully managed to connect my Galaxy Note 2 to a VGA projector in a wireless way and thought I would share my solution in case anyone else is looking for a similar solution.

I had to purchase 2 devices to make this happen:
Samsung AllShare Cast Dongle
A HDMI to VGA Adapter with external power source. You will see options for cables without external power source, which I tried but did not work.

It seems to be rather expensive, anyway do you think it could work with note 10.1?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey