Techie / Former BB Tour to EVO convert, thinking of going to iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
@forumsid

I was saying go back to a Blackberry (Comfort zone) or go to AT&T and get an iPhone. I am basically not having any of the issues you wrote. I love my EVO (and I spent the last 2 years on an iPhone) and Android. I think some people have really high expectations of the phone and some people are just here to trash the phone as it seems almost daily some one is throwing up a thread with complaints and saying they are going back to another XXX brand of phone or service provider.

You were "Positive" on almost nothing and negative on almost every thing.

I have read about the WiFi issues.... on my EVO I have tested it on my home WiFi network both inside my house and all over my yard and drive way... Great signal strength and awesome speed numbers all with in 50 yards of my router.

My battery last me between 10 - 30 hours depending on my use... 10 hours on pretty heavy use and 30 hours when I was traveling nearly 9 hours in the car and didn't use it much... I left it alone and didn't charge it and left it on over night and it made it over 30 hours before turning red.

I have about 50 songs on my EVO from my iTunes library and I don't have the problems you suggest. My music app is not jerky and at the same time "NO" it's no where near where Apple is with iTunes and the iPod functions (They have been at it over 10 years now) but it is 100% acceptable and is pretty easy to use.

My camera, it's not as good as my Nikon Digital SLR but it's also 100 times smaller. I tested my camera out a lot since I have kids and post pictures to Facebook and E-mail them to family back home in North Carolina.... In well lit or sunny conditions the camera phone is great. in low or no light the quality drops off but for the most part it's great and one of the best camera's I have seen on a phone.... a HELL of a lot better than my iPhone 3G camera and a million times better than the Blackberry my wife carries around.

The grounding issue is retarded.... How many people actually use their phone with out holding it???? The video of people with their phones flat on the bed, couch or on a table.... Really???? Who uses their phone in this way? that is a totally uncomfortable way to view and use your phone.. If I am using it I am holding it in my hands and at an angle that does not hurt my neck like trying to lay it flat on the table, couch or bed and then bend down to look at it.... Your just searching/nit picking here....

I don't use exchange... I have gmail and AOL and they work and update per the schedule I have them on.... Works fine for me....

Password protect... For one I have it turned off on my EVO... I had a pass code on my iPhone and it was the same thing... You could set the time out better than on Android, probably some thing they could adjust with a firmware update. No big deal to me... I had the pass code pattern thing turned on with my EVO for a few days and your complaining about a process that takes less than a second or two to clear... This one is pure nit picking and looking/searching for some thing to biotch about.

Security.... Well there are programs/apps you can download that will allow you to find your phone any where on a map and even disable it... Mobile Defense is one... With this program you can plot the location of your phone on a map, lock the phone or even wipe it clean.... Another nit picking let me see what I can biotch about item.....

Apps running in the background? Sprint apps? Download an App killer like ATK and you can kill them instantly... I installed it and ran it for a week and it just takes two seconds to click ATK and then click "KILL APPS" and you can set it up on what you want to leave open... Easy Simple.. That being said after a week of using ATK and then the last 4 days not.... I see no major difference in battery life either way.... So just do what you want here.

If you go from an Android device to another...... Well when I first dumped my iPhone I went to the Nexus One... I sold it, never backed up a thing and when I got my EVO every thing synced over from what was in my Google Account to my EVO... I didn't have to do jack.... Blackberry is a hell of a lot better and that is why they are a market leader in corporate smart phones..... (your comfort zone.. stay with a blackberry)

I have a spare battery for "just in case" but honestly I have not switched out batteries as the battery last me plenty long enough and with the USB cable that comes with the phone and a USB port in my car, USB port on my laptop, home and work computers I am always pretty close to a top charge at all times.... Another nit picking item....

Gallery? it took me 10 seconds to delete out all the photos all ready preloaded in the phone.... Once they are gone THEY ARE GONE..... The gallery overall is okay by me... It's not a photo studio.... and the picture you linked appears to be a picture you took and for what ever reason the picture didn't take right... I have that happen with my digital SLR.. it's a memory problem.. It happens with every phone or digital camera.... The whole gallery thing makes no sense at all... You can set up your gallery to only show pictures you took and nothing else... It's a settings thing... take a few minutes to get the device set up properly...

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Whine, whine, whine.

Look, if you want an iPhone, buy an iPhone. We really don't care. I don't really have any of the problems you say you have.

I really don't understand why people come on here to tell us they're going to get a different phone. If you have issues and want help, fine. If you just want to complain, go away, cause we really don't care.

Why was this moved? It's related to evo issues and I'm looking for insight from evo owners who had/have an iphone.

Are you pulling a steve and trying to control things? ...making sure other evo owners / potentials dont see this? That's not cool

I'm not a mod, so I can't really answer the question, but I suspect it's because you're not really interested in solving issues, you just want to criticize the phone. There are many, many threads in the Evo forum dealing with issues people are having, and trying to resolve. That's the difference.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Whine, whine, whine.

Look, if you want an iPhone, buy an iPhone. We really don't care. I don't really have any of the problems you say you have.

I really don't understand why people come on here to tell us they're going to get a different phone. If you have issues and want help, fine. If you just want to complain, go away, cause we really don't care.

:D exactly :D

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it almost looks like you went through the forums and then picked every problem that every person has had and then put them all together as if your EVO has every single one of these problems which leads me to think your just bitching about the phone to be bitching. I came here to see what problems people are having and then test mine... I don't think I have seen many people who have ALL THE PROBLEMS in one phone..

forumsid987

Banned
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
You were "Positive" on almost nothing and negative on almost every thing.

I have read about the WiFi issues.... on my EVO I have tested it on my home WiFi network both inside my house and all over my yard and drive way... Great signal strength and awesome speed numbers all with in 50 yards of my router.
Good for you, there is a 20 page thread on this, even PHIL TESTED THIS, and I am having it. The fact that you use this as a response already has me questioning your intelligence.

My battery last me between 10 - 30 hours depending on my use... 10 hours on pretty heavy use and 30 hours when I was traveling nearly 9 hours in the car and didn't use it much... I left it alone and didn't charge it and left it on over night and it made it over 30 hours before turning red.

You must not use your phone as much as me. Good for you. Again, I am okay with the battery life in and of itself...I have a problem with me swapping my battery and the flimsy cover breaking.

I have about 50 songs on my EVO from my iTunes library and I don't have the problems you suggest. My music app is not jerky and at the same time "NO" it's no where near where Apple is with iTunes and the iPod functions (They have been at it over 10 years now) but it is 100% acceptable and is pretty easy to use.

50 songs is a joke. Add 1000+ with album art and tell me how your scrolling is through albums. Mine is garbage.

My camera, it's not as good as my Nikon Digital SLR but it's also 100 times smaller. I tested my camera out a lot since I have kids and post pictures to Facebook and E-mail them to family back home in North Carolina.... In well lit or sunny conditions the camera phone is great. in low or no light the quality drops off but for the most part it's great and one of the best camera's I have seen on a phone.... a HELL of a lot better than my iPhone 3G camera and a million times better than the Blackberry my wife carries around.

Does your wife carry a Tour? I talked about a Tour. Funny how you avoid what I am asking. You're also comparing to a 3G iphone, I'm talking about 3gs users / iphone 4. Again, avoiding talking about what I am actually talking about. This is starting to get pitiful.

The grounding issue is retarded.... How many people actually use their phone with out holding it???? The video of people with their phones flat on the bed, couch or on a table.... Really???? Who uses their phone in this way? that is a totally uncomfortable way to view and use your phone.. If I am using it I am holding it in my hands and at an angle that does not hurt my neck like trying to lay it flat on the table, couch or bed and then bend down to look at it.... Your just searching/nit picking here....

You have officially crossed over to idiot land here. I have a job that requires a lot of work. When I'm not working, I sit down for lunch. When I sit down for lunch I eat and I read the NYT. I like to scroll through while the phone is on the table with one hand. Is that too much to ask?

I like to use my phone for navigation in my car, it comes with a navigation app. I like to use my phone for pandora or playing music while i'm driving and using the navigation app or alone. Is it too much to ask that the top part of the screen work during this process? You are a TARD for thinking that this isn't important. If i'm stopped at a light, I can't even read the text I got because it's in the notification bar and I can't get the f'ing phone to register in the top part of the screen.

Seems to me like I utilize my phone for more things than you. Maybe if you were more of a power user you would have some qualms too. Seems like you could get by with a dumbphone and not complain.

Robbie317 said:
I don't use exchange... I have gmail and AOL and they work and update per the schedule I have them on.... Works fine for me....

[\QUOTE]

Thank God you're not a lawyer. What relevance does this have on what I said. I complained about exchange, yet you decide to talk about AOL and gmail. Man, your IQ is really starting to shine here.

Robbie317 said:
Password protect... For one I have it turned off on my EVO... I had a pass code on my iPhone and it was the same thing... You could set the time out better than on Android, probably some thing they could adjust with a firmware update. No big deal to me... I had the pass code pattern thing turned on with my EVO for a few days and your complaining about a process that takes less than a second or two to clear... This one is pure nit picking and looking/searching for some thing to biotch about.

You clearly don't know what encryption is and you obviously don't do anything that has personal information of yours or others stored on your phone (or you just dont care that you do) but some of us have to worry about that. Encryption is important. It's important that it be unobtrusive as well.

Security.... Well there are programs/apps you can download that will allow you to find your phone any where on a map and even disable it... Mobile Defense is one... With this program you can plot the location of your phone on a map, lock the phone or even wipe it clean.... Another nit picking let me see what I can biotch about item.....

See above. This is nice but it's not encryption...far from it.

Apps running in the background? Sprint apps? Download an App killer like ATK and you can kill them instantly... I installed it and ran it for a week and it just takes two seconds to click ATK and then click "KILL APPS" and you can set it up on what you want to leave open... Easy Simple.. That being said after a week of using ATK and then the last 4 days not.... I see no major difference in battery life either way.... So just do what you want here.

This is silly! How don't you understand that? Why would sprint navigation, a program I've never opened once in my life, be running in the background on it's own? Why should I be downloading an application to stop this? Why should I have to root my phone to delete/ stop this. THIS IS MORONIC. It's also moronic that apple didn't have mms until recently and is so locked down...but I'm not talking about that here and I think the fact that you use that sort of logic is moronic.

If you go from an Android device to another...... Well when I first dumped my iPhone I went to the Nexus One... I sold it, never backed up a thing and when I got my EVO every thing synced over from what was in my Google Account to my EVO... I didn't have to do jack.... Blackberry is a hell of a lot better and that is why they are a market leader in corporate smart phones..... (your comfort zone.. stay with a blackberry)

Application settings, home screen icon setup, custom dictionary words, exchange settings, are any of these saved when you moved. I say no. I spent 3 hours setting up my home screen and folders just how I want them. Silly that I have to re-do this if I get a new evo or a new android device.

I have a spare battery for "just in case" but honestly I have not switched out batteries as the battery last me plenty long enough and with the USB cable that comes with the phone and a USB port in my car, USB port on my laptop, home and work computers I am always pretty close to a top charge at all times.... Another nit picking item....

We're all very happy that you keep USB ports everywhere and like plugging your phone in. That's not what I like to do, that's why I bought an extra battery and spare battery charger. It allows me to do that just fine. What's so hard about creating a phone backing that doesn't break so easily? Quality control is obviously lacking at HTC.

Gallery? it took me 10 seconds to delete out all the photos all ready preloaded in the phone.... Once they are gone THEY ARE GONE..... The gallery overall is okay by me... It's not a photo studio.... and the picture you linked appears to be a picture you took and for what ever reason the picture didn't take right... I have that happen with my digital SLR.. it's a memory problem.. It happens with every phone or digital camera.... The whole gallery thing makes no sense at all... You can set up your gallery to only show pictures you took and nothing else... It's a settings thing... take a few minutes to get the device set up properly...

THIS IS MY FAVORITE OF YOUR REPLIES. THIS SHOWS JUST WHAT AN IDIOT YOU ARE.

HMMM...

So let's see, my option is to rename the name of my album art for 100 albumbs (odd that not all of them do this) and then the album art wont show up correctly on my PC, OR I can add a .nomedia file to the folder and lose the ability for the music app to see it, OR I can embed all the album art to each mp3.

Great. I get to do all that work for something that is a screw up on google / htc's fault. Best of all, you think that there is a 'setting' for this but clearly you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

forumsid987

Banned
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it almost looks like you went through the forums and then picked every problem that every person has had and then put them all together as if your EVO has every single one of these problems which leads me to think your just bitching about the phone to be bitching. I came here to see what problems people are having and then test mine... I don't think I have seen many people who have ALL THE PROBLEMS in one phone..

Yep, that's what I did. That's what i like to do with my time. You are a tard.

I thought I saw some fanboy remarks before, you just blew them out of the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332