Techie / Former BB Tour to EVO convert, thinking of going to iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
1) compared to blackberry tour. this phone is sooo noisy. and the gray bars at the bottom from picasa, WTF?

2) Okay?

3) I can't seem to find any good music management apps, doubletwist seems okay but still not up to snuff.

4) Okay?

5) I totally agree, size is nice for lots of reasons but it's turned into a pain when I put this phone in my pocket

6) Who uses a phone on a table? Is that a joke? Also, when i'm in my car I have it sitting in a mount...should I not be able to use it while it's on the mount? You are starting to sound like a fanboy at this point.

8) Good for you...I don't and most people dont :(

9) I don't understand what you're saying here. Are you saying I can use the power button to turn the screen off and have a timeout for the password? Pleaseee tell me how to do this!!!

10) BB and iphone encypt data (on BB you just have to turn it on, iphone is automatic). Android is a big NO on that front.

11) Trust me when i'm browsing the internet and i have 40 mb free vs browsing the internet with 200 mb free it's a big difference.

12) I have everything backed up with google that you list except text messages, but that's not everything. App data, custom settings, etc. I need a rooted phone to do all that and it's still far from seamless.

13) COPY AND PASTE DOES NOT WORK IN GMAIL. TRY IT! Try it on an email someone sent you. COPY AND PASTE DOES NOT WORK IN SMS, TRY IT ON A TEXT SOMEONE SENT YOU.

At this point...I've lost all respect for you.

14) I hear the iphone keyboard is the best but you make a good point.

P.S. You should see 15-17

6) i use my evo in the dock all the time im not sure i have experienced this ill have to check it out. Also, yes i am serious i always pick my phone up to use it.

8) turn off all syncing (why do people need updated information when they arent using their phone, you want updated news wait the 2 secs for it to update when you do it manually) manually adjust screen brightness to a tiny sliver, and when you charge it once its fully green turn the phone off and let it completely charge to green that way (its a bug but adds about 4 hours).

9) Settings > sound & display > screen time > 2 minutes
Then the password wont come on until the screen times out after 2 mins. if you are done using your phone before 2 mins just hit the power button and it will go to sleep as to not waste the 2 mins.

10) what do you mean encrypt data? encrypt it how? if you dont have a screen lock all your information is available? still not sure what you mean can you explain it?

11) ummm, once the browser is loaded any slowness is network related which has NOTHING to do with the phone, but the wifi/network.

12) you dont have to root for custom settings (apps on the market) and the iphone doesnt back settings up, apps thats a different story, apple is great with that.

13) ahhh young grasshopper. I use handcent sms and you can copy and paste (looks just like the iphone which is great loved the look.) if you use HTC email (with your gmail account) it does copy paste and it looks a little nicer if you ask me, so there are ways around it.

14)its really small, it lags as well though sometimes. i hate iphone text app for a couple of reasons. No bulk erase, you have to delete texts 1 by 1 (HORRIBLE). no custom text apps apple doesnt allow it unless jailbroken. no timestamps on texts only if you havent recieved one within the hour (com'on seriously). i recieve about 300 texts a day from my servers and i have to delete them 1 by 1, f'that.

15) i only turn on shoot me for screen shots then turn it off. All you have to do is shake it a bit you never have to make it go landscape. i havent had that issue yet so i cant say, but from what you have mentioned that could be annoying.

17) gallery is A LOT better then what the iphone has. Plus my iphone gallary lagged like hell because i had 1500 pics in it.

ALL in all, i am not an android fanboy. I LOVE the IPHONE, the only problem is i hate that Apple has so many restrictions on it, its my phone let me do what i want. they are getting a bit better and I would recommend the iphone to anyone that knows nothing about phones and all they do is text/call/browse here or there but someone that wants all the goodies and wants to have freedom to do what they want with their phone, thats what the evo/android is for.

I was with apple/att during the whole no copy/paste PERIOD, no MMS, and no tethering, no backgrounding, or backgrounds (hahaha seriously no custom backgrounds) periods. to me that just pisses me off. 10 year old technology because your network or phone cant handle it with battery or you want to tell me what i can and cant do?!?! plus AT&T is the absolute WORST network every. Dropped calls daily if not every other day, and texts hours/days late all the time.

forumsid987

Banned
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I think your suggestion for battery life is silly.

The locking option you suggested seems to work well, but I don't like that my screen will be on for 10 minutes if I forget to push the power button. What there really needs to be are two timeout timers, like the blackberry. One for password, one for screen itself. Is there an app for this?

As far as encrypt data, I mean...if you take an android with the lock screen up and plug it into a usb and get at all of someones data if you know what you're doing. The blackberry file system is encrypted with your lock password though, same goes for iphone...although iphone OS 3 leaves some data outside of that realm, the majority (emails, etc are within it). Think of it like bitlocker.

I actually agree with everything you said in your last two paragraphs . Between that, this thread, and my confidence in android I think I'm going to duke it out through at least froyo and maybe another update. I think my real solution to my problems is going to be getting a real point and shoot camera and having to deal with lugging that around though. I'm also going to just hope that I can find, or someone here can recommend, an amazing music app that syncs ratings and lets me do a genius-esque playlist generation function on the fly.

There really is a lot I like (and hate) about this phone, I am not ready to give it up for crappy service.

Last edited:

atrpm

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I have had the EVO since June 4th... coming from and iPhone 3GS... and I'm going back to AT&T for the iPhone 4.

I loved the EVO but it does everything at 80%... if you have used and iPhone before you know you are getting a quality product, period and no other phone in the planet can compete with that... example: Video Calls facetime is way better than QIK of Fring (facetime is only iPhone to iPhone but i'm it will be about 2 months for skype to take avantage of this and make it iPhone to PC and at a better quality).

and something else is the App Store... Android is just not there yet... a lot of people only take in consideration the amount of apps avaliable and now the quality of those... the App Store has both... More Apps and way better QUALITY.

about the price I will take at&t 450min plan + 2gbdatapro + 200sms- 15% employee disccount that's about 75 dollars (tax included)... i'm on wifi 80% of the day and my EVO can't even deliver that for me... (I have a BB Bold for Sprint on a family plan and I pay 60 dollars for that line, I will use that for phone calls and the iphone for DATA and Games) I pay 70 for my EVO and 60 for the BB = 130 month... with the iphone it will be iPhone 75 + BB 60 = 135... 5 more bucks for the quality of the device its worth it. ;)

ilivetowin

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have had the EVO since June 4th... coming from and iPhone 3GS... and I'm going back to AT&T for the iPhone 4.

I loved the EVO but it does everything at 80%... if you have used and iPhone before you know you are getting a quality product, period and no other phone in the planet can compete with that... example: Video Calls facetime is way better than QIK of Fring (facetime is only iPhone to iPhone but i'm it will be about 2 months for skype to take avantage of this and make it iPhone to PC and at a better quality).

and something else is the App Store... Android is just not there yet... a lot of people only take in consideration the amount of apps avaliable and now the quality of those... the App Store has both... More Apps and way better QUALITY.

about the price I will take at&t 450min plan + 2gbdatapro + 200sms- 15% employee disccount that's about 75 dollars (tax included)... i'm on wifi 80% of the day and my EVO can't even deliver that for me... (I have a BB Bold for Sprint on a family plan and I pay 60 dollars for that line, I will use that for phone calls and the iphone for DATA and Games) I pay 70 for my EVO and 60 for the BB = 130 month... with the iphone it will be iPhone 75 + BB 60 = 135... 5 more bucks for the quality of the device its worth it. ;)

Agreed. I was on ATT left them to go to sprint. I had two lines as well, Blackberry Bold 9000 No data, used to texting and calling. Iphone 3GS used for data, and texting too, I liked the keyboard.

Android just cant compare to Iphone, people saying the browsing on the Iphone sucks are hillarious. Its more responsive to the touch then the EVO was, yeah the EVO had a much nicer screen I give it that, I liked the biggness of it, but scrolling web pages and all is easier on the 3GS and saying it sucks is well, FUNNY!

Anyways, ATT is not getting my service again, they are too expensive, I was paying for 2 lines on there 100 bucks(Paid 160 total for 3 lines, only two were mine) I am happy just having one line but I want that Iphone 4 now! I will likely just wait it out with my Blackberry tho.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

Yea maybe the new iphone will be a better suite for you. but remember you think the EVo is bad with battery life, wait till you background on a Iphone 4 lmao. the 3gs battery life Barely competes with the EVO (i get a day out of both a little more on 3gs) wait till you background 1 or 2 apps.

Joeriginal

May 21, 2010
Visit site
What is it with you guys, why do you need to call a town hall meeting to decide what phone to live with. Do your own homework, make your own choice and be confident, I see one of these "I think im ganna switch but im not sure" threads every other day. You are big boys handle the decision yourselves, and save the group session for bigger life decisions, this way you only have yourselves to blame when you realize you cant keep up with technology, and that any phone you get is outdated the week after release, so deal with it like the rest of us. RANT OVER.

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Bberry Tour to EVO convert...I also own a 32GB iPad.

Here's my take. If you love techie stuff, you'll do what you must to GET the techie stuff. Your long list of things you were beginning to hate sound like my first list of things I hated about Bberry when I first switched over from Palm.

It's just a diff OS. As said above, there are several ways to "cure" the ills you mentioned. As for size...dude really? lay your EVO ontop of any iPhone. If that small amount of space kills you, then I imagine the weight of a pencil must break your wrist - LOL just kidding...for the EVO to only be slightly (measure it) bigger than an iPhone yet have that % dedicated to screen space...not sure why the mental process makes folk believe it's huge.

Sounds like you may either be a closet Apple, or have new iPhone envy - which does basically the same thing s the EVO, but on a smaller screen & "Big Brother" militants making sure you understand who's boss (Steve Jobs).

Being a techie myself...I got what I needed to do what I wanted...thus the EVO / iPad combo pack.

Let the games begin...

I'm also a tour to evo convert! Hell! On Youtube, I'm known as "BlackberryMafia". I didn't think a phone could convert me from Blackberry but I was wrong. I'm also a techie (worked for Daddy Bill, Steve Jobbie Jobs, etc.) and I can find ways to fix everything you've said you don't like. I think you're just a closet "gay" Apple person who wants to be hand fed stuff and told what you can and can't do. True techs CAN'T STAND BEING TOLD WHAT TO DO! Let your inner geek prevail...and keep your Evo!

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

The locking option you suggested seems to work well, but I don't like that my screen will be on for 10 minutes if I forget to push the power button. What there really needs to be are two timeout timers, like the blackberry. One for password, one for screen itself. Is there an app for this?

No idea try doing search and see.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Okay, i have had the evo for two weeks. I am a techie. I hate apple and att. I came from a blackberry tour. I am, however, thinking about going to ATT for the iphone 4 and jailbreaking it or possibly waiting for the new blackberry, I'm sick of dealing with a phone that doesn't do things it should.

Now...

I LOVE the evo for these reasons:

AMAZING browser, although it's too responsive at times. I want to scroll and it clicks.
Navigation
Widgets
Kickstand
Wifi tether
Swype
Apps are 100x nicer than the blackberry.
I can purchase a cheap repair plan for my phone
I love the cost of my plan and sprint service
4G - although it's completely useless indoors unless you're near a window.

I am really starting to hate the EVO. For these reasons.

1) Camera quality sucks and I've had some force closes with it

2) Apps running slow until I clean up with task manager

3) Music application is garbage compared to ipod functionality of iphone and the lack of any desktop application to do what I want (genius / smart dj playlists, good job of album art downloading, etc) Music app also is jerky as hell when scrolling through my artist / album lists (only about 1000 long)

4) Woes with programs, for example I upgraded to 16 GB SD Card and now I had to re-install swype even though I copied everything over perfectly. I lost all my custom words. VERY annoying.

5) Size, it really is big. I love the screen but the size of the phone because of it is huge and the phone is heavy. Does not feel nearly as comfortable in pants pocket (without case) as my tour did. I didn't think so at first but now it's starting to bother me.

6) Quality issues: Wifi signal blows, unresponsive top of screen (grounding issue), picasa uploads have gray bars at the bottom of almost all my uploaded photos.

7) Exchange sync is not always working. Most of the time email comes in instantaneous but a few times I did not get emails until all at once, all about 4 hours late, even though all my sync settings are correct.

8) Battery life is awful, but I expected this.

9) I'm stuck dealing with an annoying password every-time my phone is left untouched for 30 seconds or I'm stuck with no password at all. WTF? Blackberry was smarter than I gave them credit for, after any amount of time of being asleep I wanted it would enforce a password.

10) Security. Rooting is great and everything but if my phone is lost, I'm f'ed. Anyone with a brain can get access to all my info. Not possible with blackberry and iphone.

11) Sprint apps constantly running in the background! WHAT THE HELL!
I know I can root and get rid of this, but come on...I've got to spend hours backing up, rooting, making changes, and restoring JUST TO DO THIS? And if my phone needs to get replaced I get to go through this whole process again? GREAT

12) Lack of any real, good, backup solution for switching devices.

Blackberry and I assume iphone are both very good at this, If i get a new blackberry...even if it's a whole new model...everything gets moved over quite seamlessly. Apps, not so much. But settings, custom dictionary, etc, all done perfectly. My backups are all encrypted and stored locally.

13) Copy and paste doesn't work in gmail or sms apps, REALLY? What a joke. I have to fwd a sms to be able to get it in the box to copy and paste and i have to fwd gmail msgs to my exchanges to copy and paste. This is embarrassing.

14) Stock keyboard is trash, although I LOVE swype...I hate dealing with it being beta software and I do have some gripes with swype.

15) Screen shot applicaiton (shootme) is garbage. Shaking my phone to get it to take the picture results in moving to landscape mode resulting in a blurred screenshoot most of the time. Also, if i don't force kill the applicaiton I have 100 screen shots over the course of the day. Woowhoo. Blackberry app for screenshots was FLAWLESS and iphone has it built in

16) Having an extra battery w/charger, cool. Swapping them out, while being careful and having this happen. NOT COOL P.S. Like the gray bars on the picture? Yep, it's sooo cool.

17) Gallery is garbage! Why do I go to my gallery and see a bunch of album art there? Now I have to google search like hell to figure out how to get them out of there.

ALSO...Why do I have this in my gallery?

All in all, I'm annoyed. I'd like someone who has had experience with the 3GS to give me their opinion on whether they think I'd be better served with the iphone 4 on ATT or waiting or BB OS 6 on sprint?

Later dude.. Enjoy AT&T and the iPhone or just go back to your comfort zone and get a darn blackberry. Why people insist on telling us all about their problems and threatening to leave for another phone.......... There are what 3 - 4 of these a day (at least) if you don't like it and it isn't what you wanted go try some thing else...... :p

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Later dude.. Enjoy AT&T and the iPhone or just go back to your comfort zone and get a darn blackberry. Why people insist on telling us all about their problems and threatening to leave for another phone.......... There are what 3 - 4 of these a day (at least) if you don't like it and it isn't what you wanted go try some thing else...... :p

agreed w/ robbie.

Sounds to me like your dependent on the iphones features but hate the network.

I say learn to live with some phone on sprints awesome network and cheaper plans or go back to AT&T and get raped and enjoy the iphone4. Cause when iphone4 drops, their network is going to get even worse !

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
agreed w/ robbie.

I say learn to live with some phone on sprints awesome network and cheaper plans or go back to AT&T and get raped and enjoy the iphone4. Cause when iphone4 drops, their network is going to get even worse !

Thanks..... I think some people are just nit picking way too much.... They expect the camera to be better than a point and shoot (Not going to happen) complaining about the Gallery? It took me 2 seconds to delete out the stock photos in the gallery.

I was with AT&T when they were Bellsouth Mobility in North Carolina... I switched to Sprint when they were the first to offer "No roaming and No Long distance" on all their plans... Then 2+ years ago I switched from Sprint to AT&T for an iPhone 3G..... Nothing wrong with the iPhone... It's a great device and the OS is more refined than Android... But AT&T (at least for me) sucked... I hated AT&T.... Even though I don't think Android is as refined as iPhone OS at least you can do what you want with it... Don't like the keyboard? Go download any number of different keyboards (I do use the Swype Keyboard myself and love it but it does have some drawbacks but you live with the good and the bad) Don't like the web browser? Go download any number of browsers....

Go switch to AT&T and get bogged down on their network.... Then if you don't like Safari? Oh well... Don't like some of the features of the iPhone Keyboard? Oh well.... Multitasking? Well iOS4 has it but it's not true Multitasking Apple does not want TRUE Multitasking because they like telling US the consumer how to use and what is best for us.... Want flash? No, we don't think Flash is the future... We like HTML5 or what ever.... Shouldn't I be able to make that call?

I liked my iPhone but hated the network.. Once I made the switch to Android there is no way I could go back to an iPhone... I think the positives of Android and where I think Android will be in the future is much better and far out weighs what the iPhone will do in the future....

darrylb1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
i don't know what phone you actually have, is it an evo? functionally, my evo rocks!!
there are apps and more than enough apps. but evo / android is not getting hyped. people including myself are affected by the iphone hype. people ask me all the time if my evo is an iphone. when i say no they even ask if i'm going to get an iphone or somtimes they ask if i got the evo because the iphone was hard to find.
iphone is hyped up so much that we all want one. i'm very happy with my brand new evo and i still want an iphone 4 just to tinker with. i'll bet that's your biggest problem, the drum roll for iphone is getting to you.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i don't know what phone you actually have, is it an evo? functionally, my evo rocks!!
there are apps and more than enough apps. but evo / android is not getting hyped. people including myself are affected by the iphone hype. people ask me all the time if my evo is an iphone. when i say no they even ask if i'm going to get an iphone or somtimes they ask if i got the evo because the iphone was hard to find.
iphone is hyped up so much that we all want one. i'm very happy with my brand new evo and i still want an iphone 4 just to tinker with. i'll bet that's your biggest problem, the drum roll for iphone is getting to you.

The Apple iPhone is a marketing juggernaut.... They also have enough loyal customers that I bet out of the rumored 600,000 preorders they have at least 1/2 are people who A. all ready have an iPhone and B. are probably not eligible for an upgrade but are SO SUCKED IN to the Apple hype they just have to have it when a new one comes out.

Apples has fed off that group of people for decades.... In the end Android WILL roll past iPhone OS... It won't be any single Android device but like Windows in the late 1980's early 1990's with more options of hardware and networks Android will use it's numbers and openness to roll over Apple.

AND APPLE WILL BE FINE WITH THAT!!!!

Apple will be happy with 10 - 15% of the market because they know they will have solid repeat customers who are more than willing to pay a high premium for their products and they will continue to roll in high margin dollars... It's been their business model for 30+ years...

atrpm

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Yea maybe the new iphone will be a better suite for you. but remember you think the EVo is bad with battery life, wait till you background on a Iphone 4 lmao. the 3gs battery life Barely competes with the EVO (i get a day out of both a little more on 3gs) wait till you background 1 or 2 apps.

We have to see and wait... the iPhone 4 have 24% bigger battery for the same reason and their multi task approach IMO is better than Android (why do you need the whole app running if you can accomplish the same result with just one service of the app running and use a lot less battery) so its less battery consuming...

We can go all day about Android vs IOS4... Android is a great OS it's just not there yet... I will give it another shot in 2 years or so... but I have learn something if Apple says something it delivers at 100% and until Android can do that I'm going to stay away from it.

I spend the last 3 months reading about the EVO and Android before I gave it a shot... in paper it looks and sound way better but when you compare both face to face (like they say lol) Android still to youth....

I gave the EVO and Android and honest shot but at least for me... they fail.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
We have to see and wait... the iPhone 4 have 24% bigger battery for the same reason and their multi task approach IMO is better than Android (why do you need the whole app running if you can accomplish the same result with just one service of the app running and use a lot less battery) so its less battery consuming...

We can go all day about Android vs IOS4... Android is a great OS it's just not there yet... I will give it another shot in 2 years or so... but I have learn something if Apple says something it delivers at 100% and until Android can do that I'm going to stay away from it.

I spend the last 3 months reading about the EVO and Android before I gave it a shot... in paper it looks and sound way better but when you compare both face to face (like they say lol) Android still to youth....

WOW you say Apple delivers at 100%..... Your surely generous... iPhone OS is more refined and I think Android and iPhone OS are basically neck and neck.. I would give iPhone OS a slight edge because it is more refined.... Hardware wise I think HTC and Apple are again neck and neck.. But I do think HTC makes the best hardware in the Biz right now..... Ever so slightly better than Apple...

Apple does not even come close to delivering at 100%..... There have been plenty of forums just like this with tons of complaints and problems.. Apples points the finger at AT&T and AT&T likes to point the finger back at Apple. Steve Jobs couldn't even get his new iPhone 4 to connect to a WiFi network, Then blamed the crowd for taking up the network.... You would THINK... Seriously.. THINK, if you were about to test a brand new flagship device and you KNEW ahead of time you were going to need a WiFi network...... That you would have a dedicated WiFi network set up that NO ONE ELSE could get hooked up to to mess with your presentation...

I mean that is just me..... When Sprint showed off the EVO in NYC and showed off 4G (that isn't up and running in NYC) they had a WiMax network set up just for them to use and show it off... They did the same with the WiFi they had it set up ahead of time with no problems at all....

The new iPhone 4 is a sweet looking piece of hardware and they will sell plenty of them... No crying for Apple.... But again 100%..... not even close, no one delivers 100%....

Oh yeah and I had an iPhone for 2 years...... A phone is only as good as the network it operates on... and for me AT&T was horrible... Dropped calls all the time, clogged up and slow data.... Apples biggest fail is signing an exclusive deal with AT&T... had they had the phone on multiple networks I probably never would have tested Android...

Last edited:

forumsid987

Banned
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
What is it with you guys, why do you need to call a town hall meeting to decide what phone to live with. Do your own homework, make your own choice and be confident, I see one of these "I think im ganna switch but im not sure" threads every other day. You are big boys handle the decision yourselves, and save the group session for bigger life decisions, this way you only have yourselves to blame when you realize you cant keep up with technology, and that any phone you get is outdated the week after release, so deal with it like the rest of us. RANT OVER.

Outdated? I don't care about being outdated, I just want it to do the things it attempts to do correctly. Notice how I didn't complain about the front facing camera, or qik being less than what 'facetime' will be? Cause I don't care about the latest and greatest in video chat. The things I listed were features that were included that weren't done correctly.

forumsid987

Banned
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm also a tour to evo convert! Hell! On Youtube, I'm known as "BlackberryMafia". I didn't think a phone could convert me from Blackberry but I was wrong. I'm also a techie (worked for Daddy Bill, Steve Jobbie Jobs, etc.) and I can find ways to fix everything you've said you don't like. I think you're just a closet "gay" Apple person who wants to be hand fed stuff and told what you can and can't do. True techs CAN'T STAND BEING TOLD WHAT TO DO! Let your inner geek prevail...and keep your Evo!

Funny, because I refer to apple people the way you do too. I love being able to do things myself and tweaking things how I like but no amount of tweaking is going to fix the issues I listed. I also mentioned jailbreaking an iphone in the first part of my post, I don't think I could own an iphone not being jailbroken. With that in mind, I'm not really stuck in doing things the way 'steve' wants me to.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Outdated? I don't care about being outdated, I just want it to do the things it attempts to do correctly. Notice how I didn't complain about the front facing camera, or qik being less than what 'facetime' will be? Cause I don't care about the latest and greatest in video chat. The things I listed were features that were included that weren't done correctly.

WOW.. what facetime will be? your showing your Apple colors my friend.... Facetime is not even out yet and your all ready pushing it as better than Qik. Facetime only works on WiFi and only between iPhones... (I don't know if Qik is better as A. I don't use it and B. I see no need for it either)

Your still talking about a PHONE HERE....

My EVO does every thing I want it to do and then some.. I can make phone calls, send and receive text messages and e-mails, I can surf the web, access facebook, take decent enough photo's that I don't have to worry about keeping a camera near by at all times, I get the Apps I need and use on a regular basis, I get FREE navigation on both Sprint and Google which is light years ahead of the $10 a month you have to pay with the iPhone..

and I can change out keyboards, web browsers and other stock functions... I don't have to use Qik I can download Fring if I want to use something other than Qik..... Can you do that with an iPhone????

forumsid987

Banned
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
No idea try doing search and see.

Checked, No go.

agreed w/ robbie.

Comfort zone? Go back to ATT?

I have been with sprint for 10 years. Never been with ATT. I created this thread because I was hoping people might shed some light on
A) Apps that may be able to fix the problems i'm describing
B) Provide me with insight, based on my qualms with the evo, from an iphone owners perspective that has the Evo. That is something I cannot get with any amount of searching. That is what these forums are for. Is that too hard for you to grasp? I have actually got quite a bit of good insight already, with the exception of your post and others like it.

I spent the last 3 months reading about it as well. I was so excited for this device. When I first got it, I already knew how to do a ton of things just from what I read. The problem is that it has features that just don't work as they should.

You guys talk about how apps or tweaking will fix all my problems. You are retarded. Fix my crap wifi signal issues. Fix my gray bars to picasa. Oh what's your solution to that, use fliker? WOW so the OS that is supposed to be open and give me choice is FORCING me to switch to another service because it doesn't work right? Fix my battery door for me now that it's broken because I gently remove it twice a day to swap batteries. Fix the fact that my 3.2 MP camera on my tour took better photos for me.

And frankly, if I have to pay more for having those things fixed, I WOULD. I don't want to deal with crappy service for it though, so I think I really just can't move to ATT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred