TechnoBuffalo has named the Note 8, Smartphone of the Year!

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: TechnoBuffalo has...

I'll be checking this out momentarily. For some reason I love the yearly device awards.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I think it's awesome that at least three of the top tech review sites/ channels, (that I know of anyway), have all confirmed what those of us who actually own the phone already know... It's one heck of a great phone. My wife who had a iPhone 6s plus and loved it, switched back before Thanksgiving and was a little apprehensive at first, now dearly loves her N8. I've had mine since the release in September, I came from an iPhone 7plus and haven't looked back. (The 7s plus is in a drawer in my desk)

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Damn they should have fact checked this. The display is not the best on any smartphone, though it is the best on an Android. iPhone X OLED Display Technology Shoot-Out Props to Samsung though, they did still build the best display on a smartphone; they just built it for a competitor instead of themselves.

Display Mate isn't the be all, end all of display metrics, just like DxOMark isn't the be all, end all of smartphone camera metrics. I actually liked the display on the Note 8 more than I liked the display on the iPhone X, and I had both devices at one time or another.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Display Mate isn't the be all, end all of display metrics, just like DxOMark isn't the be all, end all of smartphone camera metrics. I actually liked the display on the Note 8 more than I liked the display on the iPhone X, and I had both devices at one time or another.
Agreed they're not the end all, but at this point they're the best option available because Anand stopped doing phones.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: TechnoBuffalo has...

Aaron Baker was my favorite (phone dog). He did great reviews prior to these guys.....Good review by Jon though....Note 8 FTW!!!
Ditto! Aaron was a fantastic reviewer, him and Noah Kravitz when they were at PhoneDog were my favourite.