Tectiles anyone running yet?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
No, and yes. I am using NFC stickers but not the official Samsung Tectiles. They are pretty cool. I am finding the most benefit from using them in combination with Tasker. You can use them to activate Tasker tasks and profiles. You can also just program them for basic stuff.

I recommend Tagstand (www.tagstand.com). I bought stickers from them and their customer service is EXCELLENT. Their prices are in line with everywhere else I've seen. There's a Tagstand app that you can use to program them. I think there are other apps too, I just use that one.

One tip though... I haven't had much luck with the small stickers and the S3. It seems to work better with the larger stickers. I haven't tried all the other forms - keychains, cards, etc. I assume they work well.

Lots of fun and added convenience!
:)

smbrooks32

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
No, and yes. I am using NFC stickers but not the official Samsung Tectiles. They are pretty cool. I am finding the most benefit from using them in combination with Tasker. You can use them to activate Tasker tasks and profiles. You can also just program them for basic stuff.

I recommend Tagstand (www.tagstand.com). I bought stickers from them and their customer service is EXCELLENT. Their prices are in line with everywhere else I've seen. There's a Tagstand app that you can use to program them. I think there are other apps too, I just use that one.

One tip though... I haven't had much luck with the small stickers and the S3. It seems to work better with the larger stickers. I haven't tried all the other forms - keychains, cards, etc. I assume they work well.

Lots of fun and added convenience!
:)

Now once your program the command can u undo it lister on? What kind ogling commands do u preform daily that helps? Any info helps

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean by "can undo lister on"?

One event I have programmed.... When I tap the sticker the first time, it:

1) Raises media volume to maximum
2) Turns on bluetooth
3) Runs my podcast player
4) Shows a pop-up message that it did this

I do this because I listen to a podcast in the morning through a bluetooth speaker.

If I tap it again, it lowers the media volume a bit, turns off bluetooth, goes to my home screen, and shows a pop-up that it did this.

So what I do is a do a toggle command that runs the Tasker profile that contains all of the first commands. Then on the second toggle, I run the second Tasker profile.

--

But you can do simpler ones with the Tagstand app. Like you can have a sticker you tap to turn bluetooth on, tap again to turn it off. I know it's not that difficult to do this using the screen controls but it's nice to tap a sticker when I'm on my way out the door to do this if I know I have to make a call in my car.

I have another one programmed using just Tagstand that I can tap and it sends my partner a message that says "I'm home now." You could program one and stick it in your office, tap it and it says "I'm leaving for home."

I would start with making some using the Tagstand app alone.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh! Yes. You can erase them and reprogram them. I don't know how many times. There is also a setting to make them "Read Only" and I don't know what that does. I don't consider myself a tag expert. I haven't tried that.

smbrooks32

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Well u know a lot more then me I find it would be useful just didn't know if once u made a action if it was able to be undone

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
No... but I read that you can. I think there are several and you can use any of them. Search "NFC" in the Play store. I don't think any of these apps differentiate which brand of tags you are using.

The only reason I didn't go with the Samsung ones was because I couldn't find them available for purchase.

One other thing I learned... the tags have data size limits. For example, one tag may be able to handle "33 bytes" and another "140 bytes" - that determines how much you can program on them. As far as I can tell, you just want the ones that hold more. I wasn't able to put any of those tasker toggles on the smaller tags. I did get a the bluetooth toggle on one of them though. Just seems like it's better to have the ones that hold more bytes but I don't know what the downside is.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It's something like 144 or 132. I didn't see anything bigger. And I think you should get "Class 2" but I'm not sure why.

smbrooks32

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a android and my wife is I phone do u know if she's able to use this

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
iPhones do not have NFC. The IPhone5 might. But there is no iPhone with it and only a couple Android with it.