Tell us why/what you're ROMing

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Since the forum has slowed down, I figured it would be nice for folks to say what they've done and maybe why.

I'm pretty vanilla in that I converted my Developer Edition to GPe. Along the way, I learned how to do the basics in rooting and ROMing.

I certainly like GPe, but would like to hear why people are using particular ROMs.

Posted via Android Central App

kparikh82276

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Nice topic to talk of.

I am using sentinel ROM v 3.0 sense based.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2326085
[ROM] v3.00 - PIE CONTROL - SentinelROM Sense Edition - Fast, Stable, - 2.24.401.1

But tell me something amroa, the developers edition or GPe edition, they aren't sense based?, also do you have video highlights? Zoe function on there? I'm presuming no because I thought it was only on sense.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Nice topic to talk of.

I am using sentinel ROM v 3.0 sense based.

[ROM] v3.00 - PIE CONTROL - SentinelROM Sense Edition - Fast, Stable, - 2.24.401.1 - xda-developers
[ROM] v3.00 - PIE CONTROL - SentinelROM Sense Edition - Fast, Stable, - 2.24.401.1

But tell me something amroa, the developers edition or GPe edition, they aren't sense based?, also do you have video highlights? Zoe function on there? I'm presuming no because I thought it was only on sense.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

The Developer Edition is Sense based, not the GPe. I like the stock Android interface. I came from iOS, so skinning by manufacturers is not impressive. As a GPe, you do lose things like Zoe, but I never used it when I was Sense based. Now that I've switched to GPe, I really love it.

Any reason for using Sentinal?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Sinless gpe. Not fully converted. I'm not s-off and I haven't flashed any firmwares or radios. Love how smooth the ROM is, although sometimes it has its lags.

To me I just think android the way its creators meant it to be looks and feels the nicest and works the best. Its simple and gets the job done. Sense wasn't as overly stuffed with crap like the galaxy s4 is but I still don't need all its features.

Now, the Dev who made sinless is supposed to be doing a 4.3 sense ROM so I might just try that too. Always open to trying new things. Although I haven't tried that modaco switch thing yet.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Android Revolution HD 4.2.2, 13.3

Tried both Cyanogenmod and ARHD 20.1, CM got stuck on spinning logo and ARHD 20.1 was not allowing the mods to run, and gave me errors. HTC ONE AT&T.

Was really wanting to try the Cyanogenmod :-(

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok...tried the TrickDroid Rom and successfully loaded; After about 10 minutes, started getting UID conflicts when restarting, so back to ARHD 13.3 4.2.2, with Nova Launcher. :)

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Also, before I do, is it important to download the Radio file as well? I see that with the ROM on this website: < HTC ONE ? GPE | InsertCoin - Android Custom Roms > It has a radio download as well??

EDIT: 19:15 CST, I have Google Edition Running, and so far, I'm impressed!!!! Still need to know if I need to download the firmware that was also included just below the rom downloads, on the link I provided above.

EDIT: 19:32 CST, Getting the same UID error I received after installing TrickDroid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to try again, I REALLY liked the Google Edition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: 20:18 CST, Fingers Crossed, all is working ok, with no UID errors Yay me! lol

Last edited:

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Also, before I do, is it important to download the Radio file as well? I see that with the ROM on this website: < HTC ONE ? GPE | InsertCoin - Android Custom Roms > It has a radio download as well??

EDIT: 19:15 CST, I have Google Edition Running, and so far, I'm impressed!!!! Still need to know if I need to download the firmware that was also included just below the rom downloads, on the link I provided above.

EDIT: 19:32 CST, Getting the same UID error I received after installing TrickDroid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to try again, I REALLY liked the Google Edition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: 20:18 CST, Fingers Crossed, all is working ok, with no UID errors Yay me! lol

Yes I was referring to Google edition Roms. The radios and any firmware really isn't needed. Both of mine are still stock and I've been rooted and rom'ed for months now.

Now, you can flash it if you want, but if you talk to different people, they'll either tell you it makes no difference, it makes signal slightly better or slightly worse. You can try that if you want.

Let me know if you have anymore problems!

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Just switched back to ARHD 13.3: :-(

Started getting some errors again, where gapp was shutting down randomly; and most importantly, it would seem that my cell signal was "visibly" less while using this rom. Perhaps had I installed the newer radio, I might have been ok, but after all that, I realized that ARHD 13.3, has had no errors at all; and with the Nova launcher, I'm in high cotton of happiness! For now, I'll stick with what's working for me..... ARHD :-D

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Just switched back to ARHD 13.3: :-(

Started getting some errors again, where gapp was shutting down randomly; and most importantly, it would seem that my cell signal was "visibly" less while using this rom. Perhaps had I installed the newer radio, I might have been ok, but after all that, I realized that ARHD 13.3, has had no errors at all; and with the Nova launcher, I'm in high cotton of happiness! For now, I'll stick with what's working for me..... ARHD :-D

Well then there you go. Nothing wrong with that! Sorry to hear you having so many problems with the other Roms:/ I really love the Google edition and the development that comes with it.

Have you been fully wiping when switching from sense to GE or CM? And vise versa.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Running Android Revolution HD 20.1 atm.. Quite frankly thats the only Rom I have ever used since I got the One (well quite a few versions of it to be exact lol). As for why, thats a darn good question. I know I like installing the most recent updates etc, but with pretty much ALL carriers, that usually takes a longggggggggggggg time and Mike (ARHD Dev), is pretty much on top of things, and releases timely updates plus his thread on XDA is filled with awesome people who are there to help, and dont get ticked off at people for asking the same questions every few pages lol

skyrocket

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm running CyanogenMod 10.2. I honestly got tired of Sense and the poor battery life I was getting. I've always loved the look and feel of stock Android over HTC Sense. It's also nice to be running the latest version of Android, not stuck on 4.1.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Well then there you go. Nothing wrong with that! Sorry to hear you having so many problems with the other Roms:/ I really love the Google edition and the development that comes with it.

Have you been fully wiping when switching from sense to GE or CM? And vise versa.

Yes, a full wipe was done. :-( I'm going to try it again today, because I REALLY like the goggle edition look and feel!! Wish me luck.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, a full wipe was done. :-( I'm going to try it again today, because I REALLY like the goggle edition look and feel!! Wish me luck.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

How about you give sinless a try? The Dev is really great and he can probably help you if you have any problems.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I think some of my issues was that I was using titanium back up to restore apps that were backed up on other rom(s).

Sent from my One using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10