Terrible battery life the cause of delays?

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
He's said there has been battery issue's with the T-bolt from the beginning. But I guess he was just ignored, since he's not engadgets ;)

Yeah it they have had this phone since November. How is this just coming up? Shoulda seen this at least 2 months ago

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The guy at Wirefly or any other videos on the net haven't done battery tests yet?

If you notice the wirefly vids, he explicitly did not include that information. Even after being asked (before the second video was filmed).

Also the camera was (or, appears to have been) ignored as well. To rub sodium chloride into the wound, he ended up taking pictures and video with the Galaxy S 4G phone in the next review... something that wasn't expected to have changed at all, and really didn't.

After seeing this posted, I really expect the camera to be worthless. Yeah, I'm getting jaded. Still probably going to get the phone due to lack of choices at the time and the fact that it's still going to be one of the better options for awhile.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Exactly my thoughts. I kind of already planned on needing an extended battery so I am not too concerned about this.

The article is talking about 2-3 hours. Even if they improve the battery life 100% you're talking about abysmal battery life. 200% and you're starting to get to functional. Both the Atrix and the iphone 4 appear to be able to make it 24+ hours. If they get it into Inspire territory I think we'd swallow it, but that's no great shakes.

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
If you notice the wirefly vids, he explicitly did not include that information. Even after being asked (before the second video was filmed).

Also the camera was (or, appears to have been) ignored as well. To rub sodium chloride into the wound, he ended up taking pictures and video with the Galaxy S 4G phone in the next review... something that wasn't expected to have changed at all, and really didn't.

After seeing this posted, I really expect the camera to be worthless. Yeah, I'm getting jaded. Still probably going to get the phone due to lack of choices at the time and the fact that it's still going to be one of the better options for awhile.

Assumptions aside, here's a fact. The reason why Bod didn't do the 4G speed test was because he didn't have the 4G Sim card required to get on the 4G network. And there weren't 4G cards since Verizon hasn't release the phone yet. He did mention this in the videos.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
i said this months ago, common sense dictates that this would be an issue. I love my incredible dearly but it has HORRIBLE battery life. that was the one thing that rubbed me wrong. how could they release a phone that has obviously been tested by engineers, sales, executives, etc. it is hard to believe that no one had issues that nearly every owner had, while testing. then to top it off they offer a phonebook size battery to strap on. the Tbolt HAS to have more current draw period, that is a fact. the 100mah extra doesnt equate. look at the motos announced with 1930mah battery, now that is what im talking about. this phone is seriously turning into the laughing stock of the 2011

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The article is talking about 2-3 hours. Even if they improve the battery life 100% you're talking about abysmal battery life. 200% and you're starting to get to functional. Both the Atrix and the iphone 4 appear to be able to make it 24+ hours. If they get it into Inspire territory I think we'd swallow it, but that's no great shakes.

Realistically, given the extremely similar hardware package in the Inspire/Desire HD and the Thunderbolt, having a 1400mAh battery (w/o 4G radio running) would mean that the TB will last longer. The 4G radio is the culprit.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If battery were the only issue, why get rid of skype? This phone is starting to look like a failure for not including apps that could really take advantage of the 4g network. It seems like patience will be a virtue when it comes to 4g devices.

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Assumptions aside, here's a fact. The reason why Bod didn't do the 4G speed test was because he didn't have the 4G Sim card required to get on the 4G network. And there weren't 4G cards since Verizon hasn't release the phone yet. He did mention this in the videos.

That's fine and all, but I was not curious about 4G speed testing, I was curious about battery life. Granted 4G battery life would have been a nice metric too, but the fact that there was no battery life test at all done is suspect... especially since now it is surfacing that there are severe battery life problems.

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it they have had this phone since November. How is this just coming up? Shoulda seen this at least 2 months ago

How do we know that they didnt know about this 2 months ago? Since we really dont know whats holding up the official launch. We have heard of a couple of issue's reguarding network too.

1. LTE Hand Off
2. Data Calls network not being able to handle the stress
3. Battery Issue

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
How do we know that they didnt know about this 2 months ago? Since we really dont know whats holding up the official launch. We have heard of a couple of issue's reguarding network too.

1. LTE Hand Off
2. Data Calls network not being able to handle the stress
3. Battery Issue

It would stand to reason that if they knew about it 2 months ago they would not have gotten this close to a release with these significant issues.

Koato

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
This whole thunderbolt wait is getting more and more depressing.
Constant pushbacks and now talk of horrible battery life?

If I have to wait for the Bionic, I might just cry.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I'm trying to figure out how something can be delayed when no one knows when that thing is supposed to be released. Every other post on here talks about different reasons why this phone is being delayed when we dont even know when its going to be released. If HTC says they will release it in "X" quarter of 2011 and it gets released the last day of that quarter then the phone wasn't technically delayed. However if they said it was going to be released on May "XX" 2011 and it then doesn't get released until after that date then it has been delayed.
The fact that we haven't gotten any information from the people that know the truth means that everything we read or hear is total speculation.

I, like everyone else, get tired of seeing a post that talks about the phone being delayed and when we read it hoping for confirmation from VZW or HTC it's someone else guessing on yet another reason it's delayed and we don't even have a clue when was going to be released.

Ok I'm done preaching.

spooluptheFTL

Banned
Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out how something can be delayed when no one knows when that thing is supposed to be released.
Allow me to help you figure this out.

thunderbolt-delay-550x412.jpg

If you pay close attention to this picture (which displays Verizon training material), you will see that Verizon itself describes the phone as being "delayed." You see, it is possible for a device to be delayed from its intended launch even if said launch was not announced.

Let me know if this is still confusing you, I'd be more than happy to help.

Reactions: leehblanc and Koato

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out how something can be delayed when no one knows when that thing is supposed to be released. Every other post on here talks about different reasons why this phone is being delayed when we dont even know when its going to be released. If HTC says they will release it in "X" quarter of 2011 and it gets released the last day of that quarter then the phone wasn't technically delayed. However if they said it was going to be released on May "XX" 2011 and it then doesn't get released until after that date then it has been delayed.
The fact that we haven't gotten any information from the people that know the truth means that everything we read or hear is total speculation.

I, like everyone else, get tired of seeing a post that talks about the phone being delayed and when we read it hoping for confirmation from VZW or HTC it's someone else guessing on yet another reason it's delayed and we don't even have a clue when was going to be released.

Ok I'm done preaching.

VZWs exclusive retail partner announced a date. That is giving a date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what is so hard for people to understand. People who think that bestbuy pulled that date out of their hat are crazy. if BB did cross the line, VZW should have released a statement condemning them for doing so. the fact they didnt just confirms it was all legit.

if a nationwide autodealer released a date for a new groundbreaking vehicle and the day came and went and thousands of people were up in arms, you can bet your sweet ass that the manufacturer would have spoken out and said they were sorry for any confusion the dealer network has caused but the date was not authorized and they might have misinterpreted our best effort date that might have been passed around at some point in time. confusion squashed, people happy!! how ****ing easy was that?

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
ok so with all of the other photos that have been posted on here from Droid Life and e stylus says not to pay attention to Droid Life, your tellinge this picture our showing me is in fact the real deal? Even if it is you will notice that there is an actual date posted on it and as I said that is the only way it can be considered a delay. I congratulate you for having the real scoop on this phone when everyone else seems to have fake photos.
I don't understand why you had to be so condescending when I was sply asking a question.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
So that's the reason they called it the thunderbolt and keep showing lightening strike it as in those commercials!!

We will need bolts of lightening to keep this phone working!!

I'm still waiting to see what will happen when this device gets a review (with a 4g sim). No bionic etc yet.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
VZWs exclusive retail partner announced a date. That is giving a date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what is so hard for people to understand. People who think that bestbuy pulled that date out of their hat are crazy. if BB did cross the line, VZW should have released a statement condemning them for doing so. the fact they didnt just confirms it was all legit.

if a nationwide autodealer released a date for a new groundbreaking vehicle and the day came and went and thousands of people were up in arms, you can bet your sweet ass that the manufacturer would have spoken out and said they were sorry for any confusion the dealer network has caused but the date was not authorized and they might have misinterpreted our best effort date that might have been passed around at some point in time. confusion squashed, people happy!! how ****ing easy was that?

Where is it officially posted that it was going to be released on a certain date? I know show me another picture of a computer screen with a release date so you can say I told ya so. Look I'm just as frustrated as others on here and feel everyone's pain cause I want this phone too but dang if a higher up from VZW or HTC comes on and actually says "the Thunderbolt has been delayed" or something to that effect then I'll be worried about some sort of tech problems with the phone i.e. Skype, 4G, battery life, money gets sucked out of your wallet when you turn it on.

spooluptheFTL

Banned
Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
ok so with all of the other photos that have been posted on here from Droid Life and e stylus says not to pay attention to Droid Life, your tellinge this picture our showing me is in fact the real deal?
Yes.
Even if it is you will notice that there is an actual date posted on it and as I said that is the only way it can be considered a delay.
See previous. Verizon has told its employees that it is delayed. Just because Verizon hasn't told us what the date is, doesn't mean there wasn't a date that was missed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana