"Tesla"-branded phones and tablets

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Everyone knows that countries like Serbia and many others are kinda low on the rank lists when it comes to technology industry. Back in 2014, a local company called ComTrade decided to start designing Tesla-branded budget phones and tablets that were affordable to a wider number of people. Their first models had a bad reputation because of their bad build quality. In 2015, they made a major milestone when they released the Tesla H75 tablet that quickly became well known due to its good build quailty, fast Atom z3735F SoC and its 2048x1536 display (all for less than 250 euros!). After that, they continued making phones and tablets and they have to date made some decent and some not-so-decent models. If you can cope with watching gaming/benchmark tests without understanding the narrator, you can watch test videos of these devices made by a youtuber called "Probotzor". The reason I am posting about this is that I would really like the community here to be aware of the exsistence of these devices. If you want to browse the latest models in full english, go to the Tesla website (Tesla - Worthy of its name!).

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Well, the Tesla branding may spike a little controversy:-$ . Anyway, one of their recent tablets (the L8) seems to be cheating on AnTuTu since it gets a MUCH higher score than the M8.1 3G even though they have the same SoC (MT8321). It is just way to sad that these device cannot be purchased outside of ex-yugoslavia countries. If developer from XDA could get a hand on one of these tabs or phones, there could be custom ROMs and OC kernels that would empower people in Serbia who do not have much money (I luckily am not in that category) to get a bigger bang for their buck (or dinar, which is the local currency). The only problem is that these things have locked bootloaders, so a fastboot temporary CWM loadup would have to do the trick (one Serbian forum has a risky procedure for temporarily booting CWM recovery on one Tesla tablet).

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Ok, sorry about my typos from fast typing. The tablet mentioned in the first post is actually called the H785. All my other typos are from speed typing. I also made a mistake with the SoC model in the previous post because some site mislead me.