Test with a whatsapp feature

andreaalvise

Aug 8, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys,I ask you to make a very fast test to resolve one doubt:with your parents,friends...you should see when
a status whatsapp(videos or images which disappeaer after 24h)is confirmed as viewed by a user (or, in other words, when the owner of the status can see you among those who viewed it)?
A)If you simply switch to the Status screen (i.e. the screen that shows all the statuses of my contacts); (in this case being in the screen with all the statuses of my contacts automatically confirm them as viewed)
or
B) if you click on it ? (in this case switching in the screen does not automatically indicate that you have displayed the status of the contact, but you must click on it)
Please the test takes 2 minutes,I need only 2-3 confirmations.
Thank you for the support

andreaalvise

Aug 8, 2020
Visit site
I made the test:when you switch to the status screen the status isn't confirmed as viewed,you have to click on it to confirm the visit
Does someone else confirm ?

andreaalvise

Aug 8, 2020
Visit site
Did someone make the test ? It is very fast and I don't think that among many people who have seen the thread anyone has done it.
Don't be shy (if you don't believe,my question is serious and I am serious)and write

andreaalvise

Aug 8, 2020
Visit site
I'm very unhappy because of this lack of cooperation regarding a question
about an app used by everyone daily and I don't want to believe that NOBODY has the time or the possibility to make this simple and very quick test.
I think that many people watched this thread but nobody wrote anything.
Yes,you are volunteers but,guys,you can take 2 minutes to make it.
Obvliously you will read this post but you won't write.
I don't pretend immediately an answer but,analyzing the situation(an app diffused,a quick and simple test)an higher cooperation is required because I don't ask you a difficult trick.
You can do what you want but I repeat, this lack of cooperation, even given the simplicity of the question, is really deplorable.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
None of us is answering because we are not interested in trying your test. Personally I find it very creepy and will not be doing it. I guess no one else is interested in trying it either.

andreaalvise

Aug 8, 2020
Visit site
None of us is answering because we are not interested in trying your test. Personally I find it very creepy and will not be doing it. I guess no one else is interested in trying it either.

We have two different conceptions aabout the word "creepy":we are not talking about stalking,we are just talking about a simple curiosity,which I believe is legitimate.Also,I asked just 2-3 answers,I think they are reasonable for a thread seen by 279 people so far
On this forum I watch more ridiculous questions than this one but nobody complained.
And then,why did you spend your time writing that sentence and not to do this quick procedure ?

PS:please guys,if you don't use Whatsapp,don'twrite.Thanks for letting me know,but the answers are useless

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
We have two different conceptions aabout the word "creepy":we are not talking about stalking,we are just talking about a simple curiosity,which I believe is legitimate.Also,I asked just 2-3 answers,I think they are reasonable for a thread seen by 279 people so far
On this forum I watch more ridiculous questions than this one but nobody complained.
And then,why did you spend your time writing that sentence and not to do this quick procedure ?

PS:please guys,if you don't use Whatsapp,don'twrite.Thanks for letting me know,but the answers are useless
Just a couple of thoughts.

Calling this situation "deplorable" is not the best approach to get other people's help.

Not many people use WhatsApp Status, specially in the US where more members of this forum live.

You basically are trying to know when other people see that you have checked their status. Well, I guess the easiest way to answer this question is asking those same contacts when they see that you checked their WhatsApp Status, don't you think?

andreaalvise

Aug 8, 2020
Visit site
Just a couple of thoughts.

Calling this situation "deplorable" is not the best approach to get other people's help.

Not many people use WhatsApp Status, specially in the US where more members of this forum live.

You basically are trying to know when other people see that you have checked their status. Well, I guess the easiest way to answer this question is asking those same contacts when they see that you checked their WhatsApp Status, don't you think?
About using the word "deplorable" I think is not important because til now I have not received much help
As I wrote,I made the test,but just to confirm I asked 2-3 opinions of other members.
Using Whatsapp Status is very easy,and even if you don't use it very often the procedure I asked is very easy to do, if you want I'll write it down.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
About using the word "deplorable" I think is not important because til now I have not received much help
As I wrote,I made the test,but just to confirm I asked 2-3 opinions of other members.
Using Whatsapp Status is very easy,and even if you don't use it very often the procedure I asked is very easy to do, if you want I'll write it down.
Any special reason why you didn't try what I said in my third point? That's definitely the best way for you to know for sure how it works.

andreaalvise

Aug 8, 2020
Visit site
Any special reason why you didn't try what I said in my third point? That's definitely the best way for you to know for sure how it works.

Repeat:as i wrote in my third post on this thread,I made the test.
I copy the message: "I made the test:when you switch to the status screen the status isn't confirmed as viewed,you have to click on it to confirm the visit
Does someone else confirm ?"
Repeat:I just ask 2-3 confirmations.
If it is very difficult for you to make the procedure,I can write it step by step

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Repeat:as i wrote in my third post on this thread,I made the test.
I copy the message: "I made the test:when you switch to the status screen the status isn't confirmed as viewed,you have to click on it to confirm the visit
Does someone else confirm ?"
Repeat:I just ask 2-3 confirmations.
If it is very difficult for you to make the procedure,I can write it step by step
The same test will give the same results for you, for me, for any other member here or for the contacts that you are checking their Status.

I repeat the same, ask your contacts when they see that you have checked their status. They don't even need to run a test, only answer a simple question. I think the reason you're not getting replies is not because people here don't want to run your test but because what's the reason to ask about it.

As said above, it sounds a bit creepy.

andreaalvise

Aug 8, 2020
Visit site
The same test will give the same results for you, for me, for any other member here or for the contacts that you are checking their Status.

I repeat the same, ask your contacts when they see that you have checked their status. They don't even need to run a test, only answer a simple question. I think the reason you're not getting replies is not because people here don't want to run your test but because what's the reason that you asked about it.

As said above, it sounds a bit creepy.

As I said,it is curiosity,stop. Nothing else.
I asked confirmations because I don't want to have made a mistake in my test,that's all.
I don't think that it is illegal asking someone else about the same test.
I don't know how to write it anymore: if you want, I'll write down the various steps quickly.
Since we are chatting right now, and I think there are also people who are watching, I think it would be appropriate to take the opportunity to do it and close this story without other disputes

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I asked confirmations because I don't want to have made a mistake in my test,that's all.
I don't know how to write it anymore: if you want, I'll write down the various steps quickly.
Since we are chatting right now, and I think there are also people who are watching, I think it would be appropriate to take the opportunity to do it and close this story without other disputes
Oh well, what else can I say. No, I don't want to run a "test" that is completely unnecessary and sounds so creepy. Good luck.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I suggest you go back and review everything in this thread.

You made 5 posts in a row asking for help with something obscure, which not only comes across as creepy, but also rather bossy.

You complained about not getting help, but also complained when people did respond pointing out they can't (so you at least know some of us are actually paying attention). You can't have it both ways.

You are basically begging us to perform this "simple test," but are refusing to take an equally simple action to find this out yourself from your contacts. That is rather hypocritical.

As already mentioned, most members here (myself included) don't use WhatsApp because it's not very common in the U.S. where most of us live. At this point, you have probably turned off the relative few that could help due to how you have presented yourself. I would suggest you seek out other forums, groups, etc that cater to WhatsApp users and ask them to perform whatever test this is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884