Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm on cm7 1.0.2 kernel xioniaredux 2.6 gb 2.3.5

Just a few questions. I've been trying to use the wireless tether app and my devices don't recognize it? It won't work with any 3rd party tethering app on the market. But when i tried sprints hotspot option, suddenly my PlayStation devices can use the connection, but not windows 7.

So what I'm really wondering is if those 3rd party apps are really just using the built in sprint one, because when sprint's is turned off I noticed that the apps aren't uploading/downloading any data.
And why am I able to use sprint's? Is this just one of the free perks of being rooted? Or will sprint charge my dad an extra $30 on his bill? I'm tethering just because I'd like to use my unlimited data as an access point. But the free apps don't work, so what should I do?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you need an app if your on CM7. I can tether without any kind of app. It should be built into the system. At least on drew's CM7.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
That's the app I tried using first, the wireless tether app that came with cm7. The only method that worked is using sprints, even though it won't work on my computer.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Built in definitely works on cm7. If you are not getting results, I suggest wiping, using the debug zip file in my tutorial (question 2 post 2), then reflashing the rom and trying again...

c4manceph

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I've seen this several times with Windows 7 while using the wireless tethering widget. You need to download and install the latest WLAN drivers for your PC.

You should be able to obtain these drivers from your PC's manufacturers website.

If you have difficulty finding them, send me a PM and I'll try to help you out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar