Text notification sound

simagic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the "original " note......I cant seem to be able to change the sound of my text alert. Of course I went into settings / sound /notification ringtone and changed it. It WONT change. Out of desperation, I even tried going to the app store and downloaded a ringtone app. That still didn't work. The text notification sounds that are in the phone itself wont change. It's "stuck on" one certain tone . When i click on the other sounds that are available in the original phone, it will not change. The phone "ringer" will change for calls but wont change for notifications. I took the battery out and re-installed it. that didn't work. Anyone else have this problem?? Any ideas?

Last edited:

DodieG

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the "original " note......I cant seem to be able to change the sound of my text alert. Of course I went into settings / sound /notification ringtone and changed it. It WONT change. Out of desperation, I even tried going to the app store and downloaded a ringtone app. That still didn't work. The text notification sounds that are in the phone itself wont change. It's "stuck on" one certain tone . When i click on the other sounds that are available in the original phone, it will not change. The phone "ringer" will change for calls but wont change for notifications. I took the battery out and re-installed it. that didn't work. Anyone else have this problem?? Any ideas?

I have a My Touch and have the exact problem. I'd like to know if anyone has any idea how to fix it.