Texting issue.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well every time I text someone it reverts to the top of the thread and forces me to scroll to the bottom before I can type again. Alot of times now it does this every other letter making texting impossible. Which is a huge issue as its the only way to talk to my wife throughout the day.

Anyone else having this issue on their shift?

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the same exact problem. But only while using my physical keyboard to send sms/mms. It doesn't happen any other time. My other problem is whenever I restart my phone it randomly resends a text to someone. It resent a text to an employee the other day telling her how displeased I was w/ her for not doing her job. She thought I was talking about her behind her back and accidently sent it to her. Imagine trying to explain that.. I know, Karma, right?

VeeDubb65#AC

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I was just logging in to ask about the same problem. I've only had my shift for a couple of weeks, and I was wondering if it was a bug or if it was me. The only solution I've found (other than scrolling down, which can take a long time in a conversation with 1000 messages) is to hit the back button, and then reselect the conversation.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been using GO SMS Pro since I got my Shift and I've never had that problem. Try it and see if that works. The only time I had such a problem is back in my Blackberry days.

VeeDubb65#AC

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Don't you think that buying a 3rd party app for text messaging is a bit ridiculous? It seems to me that we should expect the built-in app to do it's job.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't you think that buying a 3rd party app for text messaging is a bit ridiculous? It seems to me that we should expect the built-in app to do it's job.
I certainly expect it to. But, the reality is that my Shift sucks in every aspect and if d/ling a third party app is what i have to do to get by then that's my only choice. Sprint, Htc and Google already got my money this year. So, i'm stuck with w/ this Sense-less piece of **** til I can renew.

Sorry for coming off so abrasive, but if you read my threads posted on AC you'll understand why.

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

The Go SMS Pro app that was referenced is free. So are some other well-reviewed text messaging apps.

VeeDubb65#AC

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I actually installed it last night and I'm liking it. That said, the concept just rubs me the wrong way.

Sent from my HTC EVO Shift via Tapatalk

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I actually installed it last night and I'm liking it. That said, the concept just rubs me the wrong way.

Sent from my HTC EVO Shift via Tapatalk

We have to remember one thing, if all the native apps that came with our devices were perfect, there would be no need for alternative 3rd party ones. For instance, I've found that GO SMS Pro offers more (useful) features than the native app and does an excellent job. Everyone I've recommended it to feels the same way. The whole concept of Android is to offer an open environment for developers to IMPROVE on the capabilities of these very powerful devices and explore the possibilities. And so many of the very best 3rd party apps are FREE! In the Android world, innovation is encouraged, not discouraged. I tip my hat to those developers who add to this positive environment. IMHO

Crucio

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
This drove me INSANE! At first I resorted to getting an sms back-up app (sends conversations to Gmail), and deleting long conversations every night so that I'd have less to scroll through. I noticed that it happened a lot more often when I had Swype selected instead of the regular touch keyboard (I don't understand the correlation here, since it only happens when I'm using the physical keyboard!). I have since downloaded GO SMS Pro. Thank god it's free, and still manages to be awesome.

madplaya1

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem and its really annoying when going thru long messages. I noticed its only the physical keyboard that does that with sense 3.0 roms.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

kristi

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I use handcent and my shift and it works great I haven't had any texting problems since and its a fun app there are a lot of customizations to it. Even if the stock app worked flawlessly I would still use handcent now that I know how awesome it is. Oh and its free

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MariaWV