The Android world is a big mess right now

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a really bad habit of changing phones. Recently had the S7 edge then Pixel and went back to S7 edge. The screen on the S7 edge turned out faulty so had to give it in for replacement. The shop keeper gave me an LGG4 to use in the meanwhile for one or two days till the replacement arrives.

I might have the oppurtunity here to try something new. When I lay out the options objectively on the table they look like a big mess. Or maybe I'm too picky? Let's see.

S7 Edge, lacks performance
Pixel, lacks everything but performance and camera
Oneplus 3T, lacks camera
HTC, got so close with the 10 so so so close they were only one phone away from a perfect phone and they come out with HTC U. Smh.

What else is even out there? LG V20 looks good but it has horrible resale value. But still it does look like the most complete phone right now. Ticking almost every box. I've never had an LG phone. The resale value has kept me away from it.

There is no complete Android phone out there right now.

The iPhone however, looks complete as ever. Given that one is not an android die hard fan, the iPhone 7 plus has everything from water resistance to dual speakers to amazing cameras to speedy performance and optimization.

I'll probably get back my S7 edge and tweak the hell out of it to get the best performance. But it's really sad that the Android I love is getting so segmented that no company is fighting for a complete experience. They all want to be different.

Maybe this will change this year. Maybe Samsung will spend time on optimizing their software and Google will spend some time on Hardware and Oneplus and HTC can finally figure out cameras.

Maybe.

Oh S7 edge! You are the only hope. Don't know if anybody agrees with me but, for better or for worse, Samsung made Android what it is today. And it is the only company that's pushing it out in the hands of general public.

Samsung is the future of Android. But today, even they aren't providing a complete experience.

I want an android phone which is good at everything. Is that too much to ask?

Last edited by a moderator:

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
This post will most probably get deleted. As many of my posts do. I think the admin doesn't like me. But anyways.

I have a really bad habit of changing phones. Recently had the S7 edge then Pixel and went back to S7 edge. The screen on the S7 edge turned out faulty so had to give it in for replacement. The shop keeper gave me an LGG4 to use in the meanwhile for one or two days till the replacement arrives.

I might have the oppurtunity here to try something new. When I lay out the options objectively on the table they look like a big mess. Or maybe I'm too picky? Let's see.

Oneplus 3T, lacks camera

What else is even out there? LG V20 looks good but it has horrible resale value. But still it does look like the most complete phone right now. Ticking almost every box. I've never had an LG phone. The resale value has kept me away from it.

The iPhone however, looks complete as ever. Given that one is not an android die hard fan, the iPhone 7 plus has everything from water resistance to dual speakers to amazing cameras to speedy performance and optimization.

I'll probably get back my S7 edge and tweak the hell out of it to get the best performance. But it's really sad that the Android I love is getting so segmented that no company is fighting for a complete experience. They all want to be different.

Maybe this will change this year. Maybe Samsung will spend time on optimizing their software and Google will spend some time on Hardware and Oneplus and HTC can finally figure out cameras.

Maybe.

Oh S7 edge, you are the only hope.

My s7 edge did not lack In Performance .

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
My s7 edge did not lack In Performance .

Have you used a Pixel or a Oneplus or an iPhone or even an HTC? I'm not saying it's nil in performance. I'm saying that it lacks performance when compared to other phones.

I see a major lack of performance and fluidity and zippiness when compared to other phones I've used.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Nor does mine lack performance. It may not perform as well in bench tests, but for every day stuff that I do, it performs every bit as well/fast as my Nexus 6P.

Anyway, good luck in your search for the perfect phone. I had an iPhone 6+, and it was so restrictive. I just felt like I was in phone jail with it. But we're all different. What is a perfect phone to me may not be for someone else.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I would also disagree on the performance complaint on the S7E and I have had a chance to try the Pixel and iPhone.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I have an S7 Edge now and used to have an iPhone 6s Plus. I am contemplating the google pixel xl if it isn't backordered when I can upgrade in may. I understand what you are saying about performance and fluidity. I loved how fluid my iPhone was and notice how the S7 Edge seems to stutter a little bit here and there with scrolling. To me the Pixel seems to be the most complete phone for my needs. I like the idea that it is google hardware and optimized for the android OS like apple and iOS. I like that updates are directly from google and you don't have to wait months for them. I really don't mind the form factor all that much. I don't really mind too much about the water resistance as I have always had iPhone's that weren't water resistant and have never had an issue with my phones and water. The lack of wireless charging also doesn't bother me as I have a wireless charger for my S7 Edge and never use it anyway. I do however like the edge display on the Samsung and know not everyone does. But I do get your complaints about both phones and it does make sense to me.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have used from windows mobile to iPhone to most android phone.. I used S7 edge for about 9 months.. And totally loved the phone.. Performance was very good.. Camera excellent... Water resistant and wireless charging.. I sold it and got Axon 7 128gb with 6gb ram... This phone also flies.. No issues at all... I wanted a phone with higher capacity... Waiting to see what s8 or Nokia flagship brings.. I sold my Lumia 950 as I already have Lumia 1020..as 2nd phone for now I have ordered blu life one x2 for 200$ 4gb ram 64gb inbuilt quick charge 3..8mp front Cam with led flash... Soo Iam sorted till April till s8 and Nokia 8 arrive... If not will buy s7 edge 128gb version... I think in android world we have phones from as low as 50$ to 800$ ..soo buy what suits u...

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Oneplus 3T, lacks camera
HTC, got so close with the 10 so so so close they were only one phone away from a perfect phone and they come out with HTC U. Smh.

Maybe.

Oh S7 edge! You are the only hope. Don't know if anybody agrees with me but, for better or for worse, Samsung made Android what it is today. And it is the only company that's pushing it out in the hands of general public.

Samsung is the future of Android. But today, even they aren't providing a complete experience.

I want an android phone which is good at everything. Is that too much to ask?
I agree, I think Samsung had a complete phone in the Note 4, that phone quite literally had EVERYTHING, BUT performance was a tad slow.

The S7 Edge haa a nice mix if Compact Design, Battery Life and Do it MOST NOT ALL.

Truly enjoying my S7 Edge, knowing the perfect phone simply doesn't exist.

The last time the phone market was this boring was when the Nokia N95 was around, that was the peak of key board phones and iPhone brought in a new era.

We need another phone to shake up the market now.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you used a Pixel or a Oneplus or an iPhone or even an HTC? I'm not saying it's nil in performance. I'm saying that it lacks performance when compared to other phones.

I see a major lack of performance and fluidity and zippiness when compared to other phones I've used.

Yes I have.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You want the S7 to get rid of the so called stutter? Either remove the animations or set it to 1.5x. The iPhone UI emphasizes a lot on animated transitions, which hides any stuttering/loading. The S7 animations are set at a faster rate than iPhone animations. Remove the animations you remove stuttering but see the loading. Decrease animation rate to 1.5x or higher and see iPhone levels of animated transitions but remove stuttering.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I went back to an s7 edge from an iPhone 7 plus. The only reason I went back is wifi tethering on my s7. Since I have unlimited data on Verizon I can't tether otherwise. I love nearly everything better about iOS, quality of apps, layout, how everything is perfectly synced even home screens. The battery life is probably 1.5 times as good real world on the iPhone also. People always say Google now is much better but I prefer Siri in almost every instance except recognition. Her search results are better and reminders and calendar events are much easier to deal with on iOS

As far as my s7 goes I prefer file system management better, ease of setting things like ringtones, obviously the ability to use hotspot and voice to text.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
You made it faster. You want it slower (>1) or actually turn it off (0).

Anyway, I might be experiencing different stuff from you coz I'm using an Exynos S7E.

But I have had the Exynos versions. It didn't stutter on marshmallow. But it does on nougat. But only in the recent apps screen. No where else. But I use that screen so much. I notice it everytime.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
But I have had the Exynos versions. It didn't stutter on marshmallow. But it does on nougat. But only in the recent apps screen. No where else. But I use that screen so much. I notice it everytime.
I don't have Nougat yet, but normally I advocate doing factory resets after major version updates. I always do it anyway.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Axon 7 FTW. I love this phone, probably one of the best I've owned so far. For the record I've owned: iphones 1-4S, Samsung 2, 3, LG2, Asus Zenfone 2 now the Axon 7.

Battery life is phenomenal, love the front facing stereo Dolby Atmos speakers, SD card slot, 4GB memory with 64GB storage, build quality is outstanding, screen looks amazing, speedy fingerprint reader, the list goes on. Best of all, I snagged it at Best Buy for $350. WELL WELL worth it.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I have no performance issues with my S7 edge. There would have been a Note to pick from as well which performed great but we know what happened with that

anon(62000)

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I have used from windows mobile to iPhone to most android phone.. I used S7 edge for about 9 months.. And totally loved the phone.. Performance was very good.. Camera excellent... Water resistant and wireless charging.. I sold it and got Axon 7 128gb with 6gb ram... This phone also flies.. No issues at all... I wanted a phone with higher capacity... Waiting to see what s8 or Nokia flagship brings.. I sold my Lumia 950 as I already have Lumia 1020..as 2nd phone for now I have ordered blu life one x2 for 200$ 4gb ram 64gb inbuilt quick charge 3..8mp front Cam with led flash... Soo Iam sorted till April till s8 and Nokia 8 arrive... If not will buy s7 edge 128gb version... I think in android world we have phones from as low as 50$ to 800$ ..soo buy what suits u...

Wait, there's a 128GB s7 edge????