The DAC and high-end headphones

Traveler62

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I finally today started playing with the audio using black player. Noticed I needed to rip my CDs to FLAC, no big deal. Using my Bose QC 15s, I was amazed that Boomsound could setup an equalizer to adjust to these headphones using my hearing. Good thing that my hearing is relatively flat for an older guy.

Sound was just amazing. I now don't need to take my FIIO traveling since this phone is as good and most likely better. Really impressed by the music reproduction.

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
If Samsung would let me use an Exynos version I would give it a look. The Snapdragon version isn't worth it, nor is me going to Canada or spending $800 to import an Exynos one. Any test can't be fair when your own money is involved.

You can buy a NIB exynos s7 edge for 630 usd on eBay these days.

eskomo

May 14, 2013
Visit site
How many ohms? It's the amp, not the DAC, that is driving them and HTC used a decent amp here. The 10 has no trouble pushing 60ohm cans. I even have some 600ohm Beyerdynamics that can get to adequate volume via the 10. If it can drive those, it can drive anything.

Sorry but the HTC 10 does not sound good on beyerdynamics, sorry but phones aren't going to sound better with any cans over 50 ohms. Please do some research on how the technology works before saying that. I have multiple 250+ ohm sets and to say they sound good plugged into any phone is a horribly incorrect statement. It's not about the DAC at all here. Sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nictu